App quality of doorbells and dual BI/app mode

nikleb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The help on this forum steered me towards using a doorbell that also works with BI.
Looks like Reolink is the favorite on the forum. Amcrest, Hikvision and Lorex would also work

I am intending to use the native app for "doorbell" tasks while adding the camera to BI as an additional camera

There is not much discussion of the apps that come with the door bells. Pretty much all the same?

Also, I am assuming the cameras support dual connectivity from BI and the respective native doorbell app?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've only used it a couple of times but the Reolink app does receive a button press ring and you can do 2 way talk with it.
Yes, you can have the Reolink app working and still view/hear the DB on BI.
At this time, BI works with the Reolink Video Doorbell via RTSP or RTSP video stream and 1 way audio coming from the DB into the BI server's speaker.
Several have e-mailed support asking that BI add support for 2-way audio with the DB using the BI app...we'll see.

cam26

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an Amcrest AD410 integrated with BI, and use the doorbell app in conjunction. Works well, no complaints other than the inability to customize the 410’s settings, which seems to be the case more most doorbells.