Application Error

ScottSNE

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a relatively new user of BlueIris and I'm having a periodic random crash of the software. Here is a snapshot of the error message:

crash.jpg

In the PC's event logs there are numerous cases of "Event 1000, Application Error" containing this general text:

"Faulting application name: BlueIris.exe, version: 4.4.9.4, time stamp: 0x584f2b5d
Faulting module name: MSVCR120.dll, version: 12.0.21005.1, time stamp: 0x524f7ce6
Exception code: 0xc0000005"

The basic system configuration is as follows:

PC: Dell E5520 Laptop with i5 processor and 4 GB RAM, set up with laptop screen and external HDMI monitor mirrored.
OS: Windows 7 Professional (32 bit) Service Pack 1, fresh install from pre-SP1 DVD. Latest updates on board.
Blue Iris: Version 4.4.9.4 (although this has occurred in earlier versions and on another PC as well)
Cameras: 12 total, 10 from a Chinese DVR, the other 2 are IP cameras wired via ethernet
Misc: Only 3 of the cameras are set up to record motion. One camera sends snapshots to Weather Underground, and 1 of the motion cameras is set up to text me if there is motion (believe it or not it's focused on my aging hot water heater.. )

I can simply restart the program and it'll run fine again. It may crash 5 minutes from the restart, or 5 hours, there is no pattern, but each crash points to the MSVCR120.dll file. While I did see some references to this file here I didn't find anything that was fully in line with the issue I'm having.

Any thoughts or suggestions for a newbie? This is fabulous software, minus this one little glitch. If it's something I can fix I'd love to hear from you.

Many thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!

Scott

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
water sensors are cheap and work better.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a relatively new user of BlueIris and I'm having a periodic random crash of the software. Here is a snapshot of the error message:

View attachment 13261

In the PC's event logs there are numerous cases of "Event 1000, Application Error" containing this general text:

"Faulting application name: BlueIris.exe, version: 4.4.9.4, time stamp: 0x584f2b5d
Faulting module name: MSVCR120.dll, version: 12.0.21005.1, time stamp: 0x524f7ce6
Exception code: 0xc0000005"

The basic system configuration is as follows:

PC: Dell E5520 Laptop with i5 processor and 4 GB RAM, set up with laptop screen and external HDMI monitor mirrored.
OS: Windows 7 Professional (32 bit) Service Pack 1, fresh install from pre-SP1 DVD. Latest updates on board.
Blue Iris: Version 4.4.9.4 (although this has occurred in earlier versions and on another PC as well)
Cameras: 12 total, 10 from a Chinese DVR, the other 2 are IP cameras wired via ethernet
Misc: Only 3 of the cameras are set up to record motion. One camera sends snapshots to Weather Underground, and 1 of the motion cameras is set up to text me if there is motion (believe it or not it's focused on my aging hot water heater.. )

I can simply restart the program and it'll run fine again. It may crash 5 minutes from the restart, or 5 hours, there is no pattern, but each crash points to the MSVCR120.dll file. While I did see some references to this file here I didn't find anything that was fully in line with the issue I'm having.

Any thoughts or suggestions for a newbie? This is fabulous software, minus this one little glitch. If it's something I can fix I'd love to hear from you.

Many thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!

Scott
Make sure you are running the latest windows updates and that your have left some free space on your drive. Also try reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center

ScottSNE

n3wb
Reaction score
water sensors are cheap and work better.
LOL, true, but where's the fun in that? :D

Make sure you are running the latest windows updates and that your have left some free space on your drive. Also try reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download Center
Yes to the first two suggestions, and I'll give the C++ a whirl and report back. Thanks.

ScottSNE

n3wb
Reaction score
Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem. Crashed with the same results last night. I allocate only a small amount of hard drive space for recording video as the DVR I have has a 500 GB hard drive in it. So on this machine that has a 250 GB hard drive, currently 203 GB are free. Windows updates are installed regularly.

It's not a big deal and I can live with it but there has to be another reason for the issue.

Thanks for the suggestions.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem. Crashed with the same results last night. I allocate only a small amount of hard drive space for recording video as the DVR I have has a 500 GB hard drive in it. So on this machine that has a 250 GB hard drive, currently 203 GB are free. Windows updates are installed regularly.

It's not a big deal and I can live with it but there has to be another reason for the issue.

Thanks for the suggestions.
email support...

mcorzine

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I agree with fenderman however I've read that you must uninstall all versions of the MS C++ distribution before installing the latest. Do this at your own risk though.