AR15 at 3:35 am

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I got a "new" @EMPIRETECANDY 5241E-Z12E and set it on the porch to make sure it works, test it out, etc. Last time I put a camera up temporarily to test it, for ONE freaking day, I caught a meth head in our garage, just looking around. This time I caught a guy from down the street walking by the house at 3:35 am, carrying what looks like an AR15. Allegedly he is a felon, and can't own a gun, but has a BB gun that looks just like an AR15. As long as he keeps the muzzle under control, he will probably be okay.

I'm not happy with the quality of video, but it is just setting on the porch right now, hardly tweaked for best picture. The distance is about 80 feet.

Shout out to @EMPIRETECANDY for the refurbished camera, it appears to be new!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got a "new" @EMPIRETECANDY 5241E-Z12E and set it on the porch to make sure it works, test it out, etc. Last time I put a camera up temporarily to test it, for ONE freaking day, I caught a meth head in our garage, just looking around. This time I caught a guy from down the street walking by the house at 3:35 am, carrying what looks like an AR15. Allegedly he is a felon, and can't own a gun, but has a BB gun that looks just like an AR15. As long as he keeps the muzzle under control, he will probably be okay.

I'm not happy with the quality of video, but it is just setting on the porch right now, hardly tweaked for best picture. The distance is about 80 feet.

Shout out to @EMPIRETECANDY for the refurbished camera, it appears to be new!

Thanks for sharing your captures .. @TVille

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Need faster shutter, more light at distance (increased IR) and the image dialed in.
It's running full IR in manual mode, so I have as much IR as the camera can provide. Plus, aimed the same direction is a 5442T-ZE also running full IR. :) Shutter was probably running at 40 ms, not sure, I've changed it a few times since then! I definitely need to work on dialing in the image!

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Try defog modus, less exposure comp and gamma

from movement i wouldnt say its too high shuttertime :) try this on reolink.. you only see clear image no matter if a person walks in :D

on one camera i can run at 1/150 at night and still have no real contrast. defog modus solve it somehow