Are Larger Pictures Possible in Hikvision Events Emails?

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello All;

I finally got email and line detection working in my DS-7608NI-I2/8P connected to two DS-2CD2042WD-I's after a long struggle. Apparently the pictures attached to the detection emails are pulled off the sub-stream, and I have no problem with that, but the pics are only 352x240, very small and detail free, even for viewing on my phone. My sub-stream is currently set at 640x360. Why would the NVR reduce the resolution even smaller? Is there any way to up the size of the attached pics, even if just to 640x360? I've looked everywhere in the docs and on this forum with no success.

TIA

Vince

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did u try logging into the camera and editing the settings there? I know theres a capture function for it but i'm not sure if that would do what you're asking.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It is possible on a previous firmware. And by that I mean the pictures were bigger.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
What previous firmare? I started with 3.4.1 and consecutive upgrades all had small pictures in attachment

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got an answer from Hikvision:

"At the moment, CIF resolution (352x240) is the image that can be sent via snapshot. There may be an option to increase the resolution in future builds, but there are no plans for this yet."

At least I got an answer...

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Got an answer from Hikvision:

"At the moment, CIF resolution (352x240) is the image that can be sent via snapshot. There may be an option to increase the resolution in future builds, but there are no plans for this yet."

At least I got an answer...
Wow, they are giving us small hope... Perhaps it will take them another year to consider this "feature".

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow, they are giving us small hope... Perhaps it will take them another year to consider this "feature".
I thought to ask them what possible reasoning they used when they worked to bring out a useful feature with one hand, then with the other rendered it almost useless by making the image so inscrutably small. Then I remembered the countless hours that I've spent in the last six months trying to decipher their useless documentation, chasing features in a software setting that their hardware actually doesn't support, puzzling over what a setting does or means, trying to accomplish a simple thing that is either made inscrutable and apparently impossible to do, else placed in multiple locations that seem to cancel each other out. Then I thought again and mixed myself an adult beverage.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
guys. configure your cameras to be semi standalone while still integrated with the NvR. And then you get the cameras sending the line/intruder detections independantly.

The config is a bit tricky with static routes to/from the camera subnet required but theres a few discussions on how to do this.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I thought to ask them what possible reasoning they used when they worked to bring out a useful feature with one hand, then with the other rendered it almost useless by making the image so inscrutably small. Then I remembered the countless hours that I've spent in the last six months trying to decipher their useless documentation, chasing features in a software setting that their hardware actually doesn't support, puzzling over what a setting does or means, trying to accomplish a simple thing that is either made inscrutable and apparently impossible to do, else placed in multiple locations that seem to cancel each other out. Then I thought again and mixed myself an adult beverage.
They told you nothing essentially just to get rid of you. Typical terrible customer service.

If this were a sales enquiry I'm sure they'd spend more time with some better answers.