are my hikvision cameras and nvr running latest firmware?

jjcool

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Im running a hikvision nvr and two 4mp cameras UK versions not Chinese.

my question is are the firmware the latest on these cameras and nvr.

DS-2CD2T42WD-i8. Firmware: V5.3,6 build 151105

nvr: DS-7608NI-K2/8P. Firmware: V3.4.62, build 160503.

thanks

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No, but do some research before updating the firmware or you'll get yourself in all types of trouble.

jjcool

n3wb
Reaction score
No, but do some research before updating the firmware or you'll get yourself in all types of trouble.
Are both the camera and nvr running old firmware then ? Noticed the vca is not saving pictures and it's all setup currently. Only had the couple weeks thought they would of had latest firmware already put on them.

can I ask what's the latest firmware for each. I will obviously have a read up before attempting.

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You have been already warned ..... :)
For NVR, at the end, I gave up and downgraded from 3.4.82. to 3.3.6 my DS-7608NI-I2/08P RR version (with 3.4.82, after a couple of days running, continuous 'Illegal shutdown', even 3 or 4 times per day, downgraded to 3.3.6, no more issues), while for the camera, once upgraded to 5.4.0, if you encounter issues, you won't be able to downgrade to any earlier versions.
Cheers,
jonatha

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
computer updates are not the same as Hikvision nvr camera updates, unless you are 1000% sure you need an update DO NOT UPDATE

as everyone has already said... do it at your own peril, chances of something going wrong or becoming worse 98%

Last edited by a moderator:

karansaraf

n3wb
Reaction score
So you guys would recommend staying at the initial firmware that comes with the cameras indefinitely? Assuming things are working ok.

And how do you know if you're buying a HV camera that is UK or chinese model?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So you guys would recommend staying at the initial firmware that comes with the cameras indefinitely? Assuming things are working ok.

And how do you know if you're buying a HV camera that is UK or chinese model?
1. Yes, if its not broken.. dont break it. The only reason to ever update is if your having a major issue, and you have already confirmed that issue was fixed in newer firmware.. any other reason and your aksing for more problems than you'll ever fix.

2. You cant without seeing the SN# before you buy.