are Olix cameras dahua?

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm looking for a cheap budget system for indoor events and stumbled across these Olix cameras. I can't really find any website or any information on them online other than one website which stated they were a Dahua partner / Dahua brand.

Does anyone know if that is true and if the firmware on these devices would actually be Dahua or if they would require special support / firmware.

Wondering if its worth risking getting this system or if i'm venturing down a steep rabbit hole with it!

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Just venturing a guess, but given the Hikvision banner at the top of the page they're probably Hik. Those are 4MP on a 1/3" sensor. For that kind of money I'd check with Andy here on IPCT and see what he can do for you with the 5442T-ASE from Dahua,. That's 4MP on a 1/1.8" sensor. Day or night it will perform far better than a 4MP on a 1/3" sensor.

IPCT Thread

Email
Andy Wang kingsecurity2014@163.com

Andy is in Hong Kong but ships world wide and has excellent prices. He stands behind his products and works with IPCT members to improve firmware for the cameras. He normally has firmware that is custom based on the improvements and gets it far earlier than it is posted by Dahua. He can also supply Hikvision cameras as well.

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply! i spoke to Andy earlier and the cheapest cameras he had were the 2432 but 4 cams + nvr worked out a lot more expensive than this kit i found. I'm looking for something budget as this will be a light use for events only kit (couple of times a year). It will be put up temporarily for the event (3 weeks long) then stored until the following year.

I have proper 5442 kit for outside the venue and all setup through blue iris.

Previously i just used an old video camera connected to a tv to give me live feeds for the stage. Hence why i was thinking of upgrading it to maybe an internal cctv system which i can view on multiple tv's and have multiple cameras. The main issue is viewing it for me hence why i'm adding an NVR otherwise just the cameras would be fine!

I could just add the cameras to the BI system, but i ideally want to keep them 2 independent and also timing - I need to get the equipment ready and setup in 2 weeks which will be tight if getting the kit from andy hence was looking at these guys. If Andy had some cheaper budget kit he would be my FIRST choice.