Are there IP Cameras (for outdoor) with night vision but not IR LED night vision?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is a great example showing someone the benefit of an overview camera and a camera located at the right spot and height to capture a specific area! Looks like that camera is under 7 feet high?

kccustom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is a great example showing someone the benefit of an overview camera and a camera located at the right spot and height to capture a specific area! Looks like that camera is under 7 feet high?
It's probably right at 7 foot. But it has IR so not what the OP is wanting.

cfusco

n3wb
Reaction score
I resell dahua cameras and spam forums. Fenderman banned me.

Last edited by a moderator:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
It’s lit with an LED, right? I’d expect it to be bright. Can you show us a motion video?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, on a 1/3" sensor at 4MP, or greater, and no auxiliary illumination it'll be "really sharp" with motion :rofl:

Last edited:

3lij4h

n3wb
Reaction score
A lot of Cameras for outdoor surveillance have IR LEDs for night vision.
These IR LEDs are visible from any device capable of night vision, e.g. Night Vision goggles (even cheap ones) or digicams with removed IR Filter.
So anybody could come along, point a night vision goggles to my house and notice where the cameras are, if the IR light is on.
Isn't that exactly the point?
"Don't try, big brother is watching" or "this place is hard to crack"!

Or are you installing cameras because you know they will break in anyways and you want to try and identify them later? But then, you would probably be better off with clear footage of strange people with night vision google / cameras around your house than a nice face image of a masked person!

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
OP seems to be absent... But they do make night vision lenses that can be added to certain cameras. Think night vision goggles but that screw onto your camera in place of its lens. The one I’ve seen was a few years ago and replaced an old analog cameras lens. That accomplishes the “no additional light” goal but still needed at least some light to work (ie moonlight). It produced the everything is a shade of green image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk