Area of interest shift

orbital.xp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

When I use AOI, I see that the area defined is not correclty applied, but is shifted on the left of the image.Consequently, it is impossible to "reject" a portion of the video located on the left

Is it a BI bug or is it due to an other setting inside BI ?

Thanks

orbital.xp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For those who are interested...

It is necessary to activate "flip left-right", in order to impose one AOI.

When the AOI is correclty set, remove the "flip left-right" option, and then it's OK...

Probably a bug in latest release of BI...

aerostar

n3wb
Reaction score
For those who are interested...

It is necessary to activate "flip left-right", in order to impose one AOI.

When the AOI is correclty set, remove the "flip left-right" option, and then it's OK...

Probably a bug in latest release of BI...
Definitely no fun to use. You have to toggle the flip in a particular sequence after you first clone the camera and close the setup menu and you have to hold your tongue out at just the right angle and with some luck, it works, otherwise you have to delete the clone and start all over again. What a shame because it would be a useful feature. I can see a scenario where you have the full image and several AOI instance set up in a camera group and quickly select that group to get a full screen of a moment of interest and have them all trigger concurrently to capture the original camera plus all the detail footage.

It's also very useful to fine-tune motion detection. I was able to set up motion triggering on distant/small objects using motion-detection settings that if used with a full frame would not detect any motion at all and if you did set up your full-frame motion with fine-detail settings it would false-trigger all day (and night) long.

Feature request: (1) get this to work correctly and (2) enable position adjustment of the AOI using the PTZ controls!

Last edited: