Arghhh, Windows 10 Pro fresh install issue

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So, I've done this, but how do you disable the requirement for a login password. I have follow this. I'm logged in as admin, but the option does not showup when following these steps.
  1. Click the Start menu and type "netplwiz." The top result should be a program of the same name — click it to open. ...
  2. In the User Accounts screen that launches, untick the box that says "Users must enter a name and password to use this computer." ...
  3. Hit "Apply."
  4. When prompted, re-enter your password to confirm the changes.
  5. The outlined line isn't there.
1622323338160.png

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
So, I've done this, but how do you disable the requirement for a login password. I have follow this. I'm logged in as admin, but the option does not showup when following these steps.
  1. Click the Start menu and type "netplwiz." The top result should be a program of the same name — click it to open. ...
  2. In the User Accounts screen that launches, untick the box that says "Users must enter a name and password to use this computer." ...
  3. Hit "Apply."
  4. When prompted, re-enter your password to confirm the changes.
  5. The outlined line isn't there.
Maybe this will help...

If this is a Windows 10, you must make sure that you are on a local account not on a Microsoft Account login, once you verify that this is a local account here are the steps on how to remove password on login screen.

Option 1:

1. Open Start on Windows 10
2. Search for netplwiz and click the top result to open the experience.
3. Under the “Users for this computer” section, select the user account that you want to remove the password.
4. Clear the User must enter a user name and password to use this computer option.

Option 2:
1. Open Settings.
2. Click on Accounts.
3. Click on Sign-in options.
4. Under the “Password” section, click the Change button.
5. Type your current account password.
6. Click the Next button.
7. Skip the password creation to remove the password entirely.
8. Click the Finish button.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe this will help...

If this is a Windows 10, you must make sure that you are on a local account not on a Microsoft Account login, once you verify that this is a local account here are the steps on how to remove password on login screen.

Option 1:

1. Open Start on Windows 10
2. Search for netplwiz and click the top result to open the experience.
3. Under the “Users for this computer” section, select the user account that you want to remove the password.
4. Clear the User must enter a user name and password to use this computer option.

Option 2:
1. Open Settings.
2. Click on Accounts.
3. Click on Sign-in options.
4. Under the “Password” section, click the Change button.
5. Type your current account password.
6. Click the Next button.
7. Skip the password creation to remove the password entirely.
8. Click the Finish button.
Thank you, option 2 worked. Yes this was on Windows Pro local account, but under option 1, #4 isn't there to choose.
Appreciate the help! :headbang: