Arming Schedule Reverting back to default

danoj

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I am finding that periodically my arming schedule for smart events reverts back from the periods i have set, to all day every day. I start getting email notifications while i am home, and then modify the schedule to reflect when we are out...and the cycle continues.

I do use the NVR for basic motion detection and recording, but use the cameras themselves to send alerts on smart events as you can get a higher resolution image in the email.

I have a few camera models, all which do this, so i wonder if the NVR is somehow the cause. I have ensured smart events are disabled in the NVR.

Any help is appreciated!

NVR
DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P
V3.4.92 build 170518

Camera
DS-2CD2342WD-I
V5.4.5 build 170124

Dan

fullboogie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why aren't you setting the smart event schedule in the NVR? When you do that it sets it in the cams too.

danoj

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Both.

On the camera, under Storage, Schedule Settings, there is a Capture tab that is absent from the NVR. In this tab you can select the resolution and quality of the image, up to the camera max - in this case 2048*1536. I find that the NVR attaches images to the alert email that are something like 640*480....maybe there is another place to configure this, but i have yet to find it.
Would you happen to know if the newer NVR firmware allows this configuration?

If not, i suppose a consistent schedule is preferred over better quality alerts.....

Cheers.