Assistance setting IP settings and Dahua NVR for remote viewing

Saleen21

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok I tried changing NVR to 192.168.0.108 and get same results, also tested NVR with new IP address and it faults out. so was going to change laptop IP address and besides IP address asking all these other gateway, subnet, DNS which I don’t have a clue.

Attachments

Reaction score
What is router's ip address ? That would be the default gateway that needs to be set in the NVR. They should match. Did you change that on your NVR ?

Saleen21

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is router's ip address ? That would be the default gateway that needs to be set in the NVR. They should match. Did you change that on your NVR ?
router in garage and NVR are both on 192.168.1 and internet coming from house router is 192.168.0

not sure how to change router IP address in garage to 192.168.0

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Two different LAN networks, now its making sense...
I'm an amateur when it comes to networking, but seems like you only want one router acting as a dhcp server handing out addresses... hopefully one of the smarter guys will stop by and help on how to do that...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wouldn't say I am smarter bigredfish, but just went through a similar exercise.

Can't really tell from your screen shots above, but the main router and secondary router should be different ip addresses. The main router should handle DHCP. The secondary router should have DHCP disabled.
You indicated " router in garage and NVR are both on 192.168.1 and internet coming from house router is 192.168.0."

One of these routers (probably house router with 192.168.0.x) should be left alone.

The other router should be changed to have an address to match the house router, plus 1. For example, if house router is 192.168.0.1, then the other router should be 192.168.0.2, with DHCP disabled.
Note: The gateway address of secondary router will need to point to the ip address of house router (ie., 192.168.0.1)
Is NVR getting it's ip address from DHCP, or is it static? If static, you will need to change the gateway of NVR to match the ip address of whichever router you plug it into.

IP addressing on the NVR and other router should be changed to the same subnet of house router, assuming that is what you want to do. This will probably be easier than setting up a separate network, but depends on your objective.

There is probably something I am missing on the setup of the secondary, it's been a while since I set mine up, but if you google search how to setup 2 routers, you will find plenty of info.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
you will need to change the gateway of NVR to match the ip address of whichever router you plug it into.
A very helpful post - but just a small comment if I may -
There is only one gateway - the 'house router', and both routers are on the same subnet, so the NVR default gateway should be the 'house router' assuming it's only LAN switch ports in use on the 'other router'.