Attempted burglary caught on camera in Fort Walton Beach [FL]

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I paid good money for a 1080P security camera system, but hey, why should I spend five minutes to teach myself how to properly export video so I can take advantage of the detail the 1080p provides. Nah, I'll just give them a crappy cell phone copy that makes it look like it's from the 1980's analog era.
:puke: :slap:

gregbert

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I paid good money for a 1080P security camera system, but hey, why should I spend five minutes to teach myself how to properly export video so I can take advantage of the detail the 1080p provides. Nah, I'll just give them a crappy cell phone copy that makes it look like it's from the 1980's analog era.
I agree, but this could also be driven by the reporters. Maybe they didn't want to deal with an external file and thought it would be easier to edit by just filming the monitor.

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ahh but you’re doing the maths all wrong. See a cell phone captures 4K video so if we use a phone to record the 1080P computer screen and split the difference (because maths) we get a 2K video! Pretty neat stuff and we clearly can now outsmart the guy attempting and failing miserably, to break the storefront glass.