Audible Alarm Sounds With SD card Inserted

eckhart

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 2 new DS-2CD2432F-IW cube cameras which I have set up on my network. I have another of the same camera with 5.2.5 firmware which is set up and has worked fine with a 64GB card for a year or so. My problem with the new cameras is that when I install a SanDisk Ultra 64GB card, the audible alarm runs continuously and won't shut off. If I remove the card, no alarm. I have disabled all the alarm settings in the alarms sections. Additionally, when I try to format the card, with alarm blaring, the cameras are not recognizing the card. Does anybody have any thoughts? Thanks

eckhart

n3wb
Reaction score
If anyone else has had this problem, I have stumbled upon the solution. The ENABLE RECORD SCHEDULE box needs to be unticked in the Record Schedule tab before the SD Card is recognized by the camera under storage. The alarm blares until you click the FORMAT button and then all seems to be OK. No more alarm and the drive is recognized. This must be a new "feature" or bug under the 5.3.0 firmware because I did not have this problem with my older camera with the 5.2.5 firmware.

nikoli

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm considering this camera for a stand alone setup. Does it accept a standard size SD card, or micro SD? Having a hard time finding this info before I pull the trigger on a card. Which card are you using?

eckhart

n3wb
Reaction score
Micro SD. I am using
[h=1]SanDisk Ultra 64 GB microSDHC /microSDXC Micro SD UHS-I Card UP TO 48mb/s...$17.58 on Amazon. Works fine.[/h]