Audio Alerts without Recording

Reaction score
Is there a way that I can create an audio alert without generating a recording.

Unfortunately one of my camera's picks up a lot of motorcycle noise. I have the audio set to alert me because there was one time my babysitter was locked out of the house and I want it to be able to still send me a picture so I know it's her when she's yelling to the camera to get in. I just don't want to have to deal with the darn video clips every time a motorcycle drives by.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way that I can create an audio alert without generating a recording.

Unfortunately one of my camera's picks up a lot of motorcycle noise. I have the audio set to alert me because there was one time my babysitter was locked out of the house and I want it to be able to still send me a picture so I know it's her when she's yelling to the camera to get in. I just don't want to have to deal with the darn video clips every time a motorcycle drives by.
you could lower the sensitivity or setup a duplicate/cloned camera only for alerts..nothing will happen if you have a few extra clips when a motorcycle drives by..

Reaction score
you could lower the sensitivity or setup a duplicate/cloned camera only for alerts..nothing will happen if you have a few extra clips when a motorcycle drives by..
Unfortunately, the sensitivity is all the way down. I get about 40+ clips a day from the motorcycles alone. I live across the street from Motorcycle Mechanics Institute. It's already a pain to now it's not the sitter and have to deal with the texts lol. Going through the camera and it end up being audio alerts setting off the recording is just icing on that cake. I never thought about the cloned camera. I will see if that will accomplish it easier.

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, the sensitivity is all the way down. I get about 40+ clips a day from the motorcycles alone. I live across the street from Motorcycle Mechanics Institute. It's already a pain to now it's not the sitter and have to deal with the texts lol. Going through the camera and it end up being audio alerts setting off the recording is just icing on that cake. I never thought about the cloned camera. I will see if that will accomplish it easier.

Thanks!
you can also setup a duplicate profile and disable the audio alerts during that profile...then only use the profile with audio alerts when the babysitter is there...
or since it sounds like you have a smartlock, setup a special code for her that only works during the hours she works...

Reaction score
Yeah I have the smartlock and her code wasn't working. That was the problem we ran into. I have setup the duplicate profile. I think that should work. Thanks for your assistance!