Audio disables itself - Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-IS

CarlVO

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone!Just got a Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-IS andd got it all setup. Everything is working great, except for the audio. I've got a powered mic hooked up to it. I've enable the video and audio stream, and I've also set to "Line-In". The sound will work fine for a minute or two, but it always cuts out. When I go back into the camera settings, the video stream has somehow reset itself to video only, and I have to set it back to video and audio. After doing so, it will work fine again for a minute or so, and then same thing. Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

AntonisT.

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone!Just got a Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-IS andd got it all setup. Everything is working great, except for the audio. I've got a powered mic hooked up to it. I've enable the video and audio stream, and I've also set to "Line-In". The sound will work fine for a minute or two, but it always cuts out. When I go back into the camera settings, the video stream has somehow reset itself to video only, and I have to set it back to video and audio. After doing so, it will work fine again for a minute or so, and then same thing. Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance!
Do you find the solution? i have the same problem but with other model. thank you

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the camera added for recording in NVR? If yes, do the setting in the NVR instead of the camera directly.

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you sure the camera accepts the settings at all? For example, if you use browser for setup (IE plus properly installed ActiveX plugin), right after saving the changes (audio plus video), logoff and logon again to see if the settings are saved correctly. Alternatively you can use iVMS4200 to do the setting. As I already said, this situation is common when the camera is added for recording somewhere else (NVR or other software). Make sure you use admin user and no one else is accessing the camera (you can change the IP address temporarily. Make sure also the camera is upgraded to the latest firmware.