Audio doesnt trasmit via remote view

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to Blue Iris, but pretty comfortable with ip cameras and other technology. The problem I am having is when I attempt to view my camera feeds locally, either by the webpage, or an app in Windows 10, on ios or android, I am unable to hear any audio. I am recording audio on the server, just nothing streams. I have enabled streaming audio everywhere that I can see, but I just cant figure this out. I have all Mobotix cameras. Q24, M24 and D24's. My apologies if I should post this in a different forum.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to Blue Iris, but pretty comfortable with ip cameras and other technology. The problem I am having is when I attempt to view my camera feeds locally, either by the webpage, or an app in Windows 10, on ios or android, I am unable to hear any audio. I am recording audio on the server, just nothing streams. I have enabled streaming audio everywhere that I can see, but I just cant figure this out. I have all Mobotix cameras. Q24, M24 and D24's. My apologies if I should post this in a different forum.
Mobotix, fanccyyyy, can you hear audio when you play back recordings?

Reaction score
Most definitely. Yea, they are good cameras. This particular system is in a police department. My background, besides in the IT industry, is in police,fire,and ems. The old system that I had when I came into this department was very bad software, and a pathetic server to store video. So I have taken step one and created a server running blue iris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
make sure the user has audio privileges...

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I hear mobotix is just way overpriced and not that great, kinda like axis, I'd love to see a shootout between the starlight turret and a fancy 2mp mobotix, maybe even put it against an ultra starlight.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
FYI most of the web pages in Blue Iris's web interface can't do audio. default.htm, which works only in Internet Explorer with an activex plugin, should be able to do full audio.

Reaction score
Between enabling mp3 instead of aac, I think that worked. I thought I had used the IE plug in before and it didnt work. But now it seems work now, so we are all good. Thanks for all your help guys. I read the forums a lot. I dont have a lot to post yet as I am learning, but I am always out here lurking. Keep up the good work!