Audio on LAView 16 Ch NVR LV-N9916D6E

Jaygold

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to IPCAMTALK. I have LaView 16 channel 4 MP IP Camera system on my small business. It's model number is LV-N9916D6E and there are some bullets (LV-PB3040W) and other dome cameras. System works great. I needed to add audio and want to use two way talk with employees/guests at reception. I asked LaView Support and they telling me you can use camera which have built-in microphone. LaView has camera (LaView LaView IP Cameras) which has only 1080p resolution and my assumption, speaker wouldn't be more loud enough.

1. Do you know Hikvision or Dahua (onvif) built-in microphone camera supports LaView NVR?
2. Does external microphone work with LaView NVR and can i just do live talk?

Can anybody suggest me?

Thank you.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You'll probably be better served by some other type of intercom system. Possibly using your existing phone system if applicable.

Jaygold

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. I am looking for other options too. I thought if somebody installed hikvision or dahua camera with audio/ built in microphone. They would know if that setup works. One LAView have is only 1080 P and I was thinking about 4mp resolution so I can see customer/ employee clear at frontdesk. Meanwhile, I am thinking to buy 1080P (which could be 2mp) from LAView.