Audio Output stopped functioning

Darren_T

n3wb
Reaction score
The audio from my Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED camera stopped respecting the setting under Camera Settings > Audio > Options > Output. It will onlly play audio though the headphone port, not out through any other devices. I usually have it set to '(Default; not specified)' and can change the audio output between my headphones and my speakers by simply changing the 'Select Playback Device' setting within Windows, but now it doesn't matter what I do in Windows or BI; it always outputs through the headphone port. That setting simply doesn't have any effect.

I'm running BI v 5.7.8.0 x64 In Win 10 Pro. Everything else works perfectly, including Codeproject AI. Any ideas what I could try to fix this or do you think it's a bug in BI?

Thanks-D

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The audio from my Dahua DH-IPC-HDW5849H-ASE-LED camera stopped respecting the setting under Camera Settings > Audio > Options > Output. It will onlly play audio though the headphone port, not out through any other devices. I usually have it set to '(Default; not specified)' and can change the audio output between my headphones and my speakers by simply changing the 'Select Playback Device' setting within Windows, but now it doesn't matter what I do in Windows or BI; it always outputs through the headphone port. That setting simply doesn't have any effect.

I'm running BI v 5.7.8.0 x64 In Win 10 Pro. Everything else works perfectly, including Codeproject AI. Any ideas what I could try to fix this or do you think it's a bug in BI?

Thanks-D
What happens when you unplug from the headphone port in front and have only the speakers plugged in the back?

Darren_T

n3wb
Reaction score
Try deleting the camera in BI and re-adding.
I tried your suggestion; deleted the camera completely and re-added and reconfigured everything manually (no import) and it still doesn't work.

The reason I think it's a bug is because sounds played by motion detection triggers work properly; they play on my PC's speakers if I tell Windows to do so, and they play on my headphones if I tell Windows to do so, but there's no way to get the camera's microphone audio to play anywhere except my headphones. If I login to the camera directly via browser the audio from the microphone plays properly. It's only a problem in BI.

Last edited:

Darren_T

n3wb
Reaction score
What happens when you unplug from the headphone port in front and have only the speakers plugged in the back?
That was an interesting idea but unfortunately it has no effect. I think it's a bug in BI.

Audio from the camera's microphone also stops from time to time with no discernible pattern. BI just seems flaky when it comes audio. Wish I never updated it when everything was working properly. Now I can't find the previous version to revert back to. I tried uninstalling BI and reinstalling the version from the website (v5.7.8.0) with no luck.

If I ever get this working again I'll likely not update the software. The developers seem to play around with it far too frequently.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's best to NOT update BI until a version is listed as stable, unless you enjoy being a beta tester.
It's easy to roll back to a previous version right in Blue Iris, see the help file.
A whole list of previous versions are listed in the drop down.