Audio problems dlink dcs-960l

Dr Ian

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok so problems with audio on this camera, the playback/ live audio is inaudible, like pops and squelching.

It's not the camera as I get audio from the native dlink app and LiveCams Pro ( app I used on iOS before I bought blue iris)
So far I have tried different dlink drivers from the drop down list, most don't give video either, I have tried generic rtsp but get no video either. I have checked the rtsp port (554) and URL (/play1.sdp) in the camera settings too can get video using rtsp if I change to mjpeg but prefer h264 for bandwidth
Also tried upping recieve buffer to 20 meg
Pc running blueiris 4.5 is laptop Intel i7-4800mq with 16gb ram about 20% cpu usage and 1gb ram

Any thoughts?

Dr Ian

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Forgot to add, audio format from specs on dlink website is G.711 but doesn't state a or u

Dr Ian

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
solved

Attached a screenshot in case other people have trouble. Basically the mjpeg audio stream works, so /play2.sdp

Attachments

SergeyK

n3wb
Reaction score
I configured /play1.sdp in Blue Iris, and I checked the ONVIF on the camera webpage (which was unchecked by default). I then got No Signal message in the camera window, then I left it alone, was exploring other options, then suddenly the camera image showed up without me doing anything. it took it about 1 minute, during which Blue Iris was probably busy doing the setup. Once it has finished configuring, the subsequent timing for camera to turn off then back on was short, up to a couple of seconds.