Audio white noise

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a Dahua Ip camera 4MP and noticed there is a lot of "white noise" coming from the camera. Initially I thought it is the wind , but it is too steady for that , my other cameras don't have this issue.

It is difficult to reach this camera and can't look which type it is exactly.
This is the info on the setup page:
Software Version2.400.0000.23.R, build : 2015-12-15
WEB Version3.2.1.314024
ONVIF Version2.4.2
S/N2E00DEDPAA00055

I read some time ago , it is not wise to update firmware from Dahua cameras bought on Aliexpress.
Is this correct? worth a try or is there a big change I brick the camera?

Thanks,
Cornelis

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would look for interference of cable going over an electric wire.

And yes, it is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their unit.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units into English that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1642062778963.png

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@wittaj : thanks for your answer . With the updates was what I expected unfortunately. The camera is connected with POE, can not really change any cables there. But I will disconnect the camera and try it somewhere else.

thanks for the tip!

Cornelis

Tapio

n3wb
Reaction score
We have been using (in Finland)several years on Eagle and Osprey nests this camera: DH-IPC-HDW5231R-Z.

It has functioned ok but the noise of WIND is disturbing.

Just wondered, if I would put something soft on the microphone? But i can't find the microphone location... (is it the smallest hole on camera?)

Here some of our videos from Osprey nest >

Attachments

Tapio

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you! Just what I figured out. I already tried to cover it with a piece of hard foam but did not help.

Have to find something else (soft foam?).

Here the web cam live which i am going to move to an Osprey nest in April. >

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you disable the noise filter? It sounds counter productive, but having it enabled has been the source of hiss for a lot of people.

Most find it works best with it disabled.

Tapio

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I did pu now a better cover, but did not help. I will ask my partner who can manage the camera settings about noise filter.

These cameras are up on the tree tops in summer, and it is often windy. When it is calm the sound is OK.