Audio with IPC-A46P and Dahua NVR Question

rbinney11

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

First time poster. Have a question around a new IP camera (Dahua DH-IPC-A46P) I have installed in my video system. Background: I have a Dahua NVR (DH-NVR4208-8P-4K, system version 3.210.0005.0, Build Date: 2016-06-14) running 5 cameras. Everything works as I want it to with the new IPC-A46 camera when it is connected to my NVR, with the exception of the audio/speaker. I've verified that the audio is enabled on the NVR configs for this camera. I'm also using the iDMSS Plus app from my iphone to remotely view all cameras through the NVR. All cameras in my network are directly connected to the NVR via the built in POE (via 10.x.x.x. addressing) and not to my local home/wifi network (192.168.x.x addressing).

I thought the camera might be faulty so I ran a couple of tests:

1) I disconnected the camera from my NVR and then wifi connected it to my home network, completely bypassing the NVR. I used the imou app on my iphone. In this configuration, audio out from my iphone/imou app to the speaker on the IPC-A46 did correctly work. (This isn't an acceptable long term configuration though because I want this camera to be locally connected to the NVR and not to my local network).
2) I then reconnected the camera back to my NVR via the POE/cat5 cable, and tested again using the iDMSS Plus app on my iphone. Audio out of the IPC-A46 speaker no longer works.
3) I connected a monitor (with speaker) via the HDMI port to the NVR. I tested again using the iDMSS Plus app, and audio from the monitor/speaker works correctly.

At this point, I'm at a loss on what the issue might be, or where the problem is. I've tried all available audio encode settings on the NVR (AAC and G.771u) to no avail. I can't seem to tell if this is an issue with the iDMSS app and the NVR, an issue between the NVR and the IPC-A46, or something else. It doesn't appear that there is a direct web login on this camera, so I can't see what the IPC-A46 local configuration looks like.

Would anyone have any suggestions on other things I can try? Just need an easy way to holler at the dog for being on the couch while I'm at work.

Thanks.