"Auto" IR switching problem and no motion detection at night

HB9JOI

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello ...

I have problems with the operation of the IR mode
The cameras used are :
2x Wanscam HW0022HD and 1x Wanscam JW0003 .
I have set in the dropdown menu under "PTZ" programmed that should work
the camera`s in infrared operation / switching mode “Auto”.

But this is not working.
I always have to switch the camera`s manually to the IR mode in the evening .
The manually switching in IR-mode is working but not the automatic switching .
And in the morning I have to switch back manually to leave the IR mode .

The second problem is that in IR-mode NO motion will detected to get
an alarm alert in the night . (At daytime motion detect is working ok.)

What could be the reasons why I have these problems ...
and what is to do to solve the problems ???

Only if the problems are solved I want buy the register-key for the program
for running as full-version !

Thanks for answer and help ...

Jens Spiess
jens.spiess@bluewin.ch

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue iris does not control the auto IR..you need to set that in the camera. If blue iris is not detecting motion you have something set wrong. Post a screen shot of your motion and record settings.

HB9JOI

n3wb
Reaction score
... but tell me please why there in Blue-Iris under PTZ>>IR>> are available the settings for "Off" , "On" and "Auto" ...???
I really don`t understand this because one of my cams - one Wanscam HW0022HD - is switching correct to IR-mode in
the evening (and switched back with automatic in the morning ... ) but the second cam - also a HW0022HD does not this switching !

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Technically is should be able to set your camera to auto, but depending on the model it may not be able to..simple login to the camera and set it to auto..you dont need blue iris to do this for you.

HB9JOI

n3wb
Reaction score
... and for what are the settings in Blue-Iris in PTZ-drop-down-menue : "Gain" ???
Are these setting (Gain%) important to get more - e.g. - sensitivity in Night-IR mode ?
I have also attached here a screenshot of my settings for Trigger/Motion ... Are they ok or not for maximize the sensitivity?
(... bot sliders adjusted more in direction left ? )

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
... and for what are the settings in Blue-Iris in PTZ-drop-down-menue : "Gain" ???
Are these setting (Gain%) important to get more - e.g. - sensitivity in Night-IR mode ?
I have also attached here a screenshot of my settings for Trigger/Motion ... Are they ok or not for maximize the sensitivity?
No, they simply adjust the cameras gain settings...it will not work with all cameras...again simply log into the camera and adjust there. I dont see your image.

HB9JOI

n3wb
Reaction score

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you need to uncheck object detect reject..that is why you are not detecting motion.

HB9JOI

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok , I have run the original Wanscam-Software and have in it configured the IR-Option for both HW0022HD cams to "Auto IR" there .
Then started Blue-Iris again and adjust in Blue-Iris >> PTZ >> IR >> to Auto-IR .
At the time as the evening comes with darkness both cams switched automaticly in Blue-Iris in the IR-mode .
Now , further I will see what all must be set correct in Blue-Iris to get also correct Motion-detection in IR-mode .

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok , I have run the original Wanscam-Software and have in it configured the IR-Option for both HW0022HD cams to "Auto IR" there .
Then started Blue-Iris again and adjust in Blue-Iris >> PTZ >> IR >> to Auto-IR .
At the time as the evening comes with darkness both cams switched automaticly in Blue-Iris in the IR-mode .
Now , further I will see what all must be set correct in Blue-Iris to get also correct Motion-detection in IR-mode .
once you adjust it in the camera, do not make any selection in blue iris. Just leave it..you dont need to run the software that came with the camera, you can login to the camera directly..

HB9JOI

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: "Auto" IR switching problem and no motion detection at night

Thanks for help ! Just now all tested with IR-Mode . Both cams shows me at my house in darkness and motion will detect and give alerts .
(... see attached screenshot ) . Thanks again to You ... !

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for help ! Just now all tested with IR-Mode . Both cams shows me at my house in darkness and motion will detect and give alerts .

HB9JOI

n3wb
Reaction score

Attachments

HB9JOI

n3wb
Reaction score

...now I think and like to buy Blue-Iris as registered Full-Version !