Auto IR won't engage?

Reaction score
Hi,

Since the last update (4.2.60 x64) the IR button on the control panel only has on or off. Used to have an "AUTO" setting. I'd rather not leave the IR LEDs on all day if I don't have too.

Any ideas? (Other than restoring a mirror image from a week ago prior to the last update...)

Thanks!
Micro

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

Since the last update (4.2.60 x64) the IR button on the control panel only has on or off. Used to have an "AUTO" setting. I'd rather not leave the IR LEDs on all day if I don't have too.

Any ideas? (Other than restoring a mirror image from a week ago prior to the last update...)

Thanks!
Micro
What do you mean by IR button on the control panel? As far as I recall the IR button in the ptz controls bar was always on off...what camera are you using? its unlikely that the IR will be on in day mode anyway...

Reaction score
On the right side of the PTZ panel there is a round button. It used to toggle from OFF, RED, "AUTO"....
IR LED.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
On the right side of the PTZ panel there is a round button. It used to toggle from OFF, RED, "AUTO"....
View attachment 6532
I dont really use that function so i cant recall...in the future you should manually update from the website, this way you dont have to restore your system from an image, you can just apply an older update to revert back.

Reaction score
I found my solution. While hovering over the icon waaaay over on the left bottom of the screen it says..."Hold for AUTO if supported..." When I hold the mouse button down it goes to "AUTO."

IR LED.png