Auto Tracking PTZ for Lorex NVR

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey Yall, I posted awhile back over in installs that I convinced a buddy to allow me to prewire. Luckily he did and we wired for 16 IP Cameras. 16! lol
He doesn't live close, so I didn't go the BI and Empire route like I would have preferred. He bought a Lorex kit. I'm just happy he did ANYTHING and IP at that.
Yes, I am well aware this isn't the best kit and not as good as ET/BI.

So, He bought 12 cameras giving us room for a few better cameras. I assume the Lorex NVR N882A64B will except ONVIF cameras? So Hopefully an EmpireTech Auto Tracking PTZ!

I want to make sure of course before I have him order one. The system had to be all black but the PTZ can be white since I told him we would mount it below on the white brick on a corner mount, over looking his front lake to get vehicle entry and animals.

Just wanting opinions and help before I tell him to buy something. Would like Auto Tracking, it can be 2mp.

NVR N882A64B

Here is the kit he bought attached.

Thanks!

Attachments

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey Yall, I posted awhile back over in installs that I convinced a buddy to allow me to prewire. Luckily he did and we wired for 16 IP Cameras. 16! lol
He doesn't live close, so I didn't go the BI and Empire route like I would have preferred. He bought a Lorex kit. I'm just happy he did ANYTHING and IP at that.
Yes, I am well aware this isn't the best kit and not as good as ET/BI.

So, He bought 12 cameras giving us room for a few better cameras. I assume the Lorex NVR N882A64B will except ONVIF cameras? So Hopefully an EmpireTech Auto Tracking PTZ!

I want to make sure of course before I have him order one. The system had to be all black but the PTZ can be white since I told him we would mount it below on the white brick on a corner mount, over looking his front lake to get vehicle entry and animals.

Just wanting opinions and help before I tell him to buy something. Would like Auto Tracking, it can be 2mp.

NVR N882A64B

Here is the kit he bought attached.

Thanks!
I'm selling this. Used but in great shape auto tracking and 2mp

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes it should work since Dahua makes Lorex and Dahua makes Empiretech cameras!

My neighbors Lorex NVR, that is the way watered down version of this accepted the Empiretech PTZ without doing a thing - simply plugged it into the back and the video came up on the monitor.

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.