Auto tracking question

PaulNH

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a "generic" auto tracking camera that says IMPORX on it. I purchased it from Amazon.com for just over 500.00 - I have it mounted on my garage and it's connected by a powerline adapter. I am using my computer to control the camera, and save photo's, videos to the hard drive.

From what I've figured out...so far.. is that there is a program to control the camera settings, and another software program used for other settings. The video is clear and I have no problems with that. I am having an issue with the way the camera tracks. For example if I'm backing up my vehicle from the road, towards the camera... the camera...instead of keeping the car in dead center... sways left and right almost like it's blind in the middle, if that makes sense. Other times cars driving by my house, left to right....and the camera will look to the left....after the car went by. Same thing right to left... the camera shoots off to the right after the car has gone by. AND THE MOST FRUSTRATING thing... sometimes it works pretty good. Also if I walk up the driveway and underneath the camera it doesn't follow me.... or if I walk across the driveway to the house... it only tracks me where it normally looks. So I walk past the camera to the house and it does not follow me... If you were watching the monitor you would see me walk up the driveway and off to the left of the screen..... for some reason it doesn't track.

Does anyone have any suggestions... other than to buy a new camera? Should I include a clip of what I am experiencing?

Thank you so much for any suggestions.....
Computer is a new ASUS Windows 8.1, Intel Core i7, Running two hard drives and an SSD boot drive, 16 Gig Memory....

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Should I include a clip of what I am experiencing?
That might help, also the model number for the camera, firmware version, and a screenshot of the auto tracking settings screen. Have you checked to see if there is updated firmware for your camera which might fix your issue?

The issue you are having with the camera racing off to the right when the car has already gone out of view to the left sounds like it could be an issue with the time the camera takes to process and respond to the movement it "sees".

I've got one of these on the way, or so I'm told, so your issues may become my issues in the near future.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have contact with a seller of this "brand",
they gave me a streaming url to the camera and said it was the 2Mp version.
The internet connection is worthless or the routing between me and his so its difficult to judge if it is any good , image wise i mean.
The camera is somehow also having a mind of its own, for example when i pressed the right button, it did a step right, again and again and suddenly it starts spinning.
Same with zooming in and out, not 1 step but by 5 or more.

I am not sure if this problem is because of the internet connection or that the camera is not great at all, also they have given acces to a 1.3 mp instead of 2.
The auto tracking i could not get working like i thought it would.

And whats even more strange, the seller said this, when i ask simple to make a recording of the camera in day time/night that was performing auto tracking.
They assured me that the image was very clear and good, but no video whatsoever.
I think it was to much trouble or something because this was the reply :
2016-01-20 18:30
Dear friend:
Have a nice day.
i am sorry.
This camera is a simple tracking function.
I think camera can not meet your requirements.
Please don't send the order.
thank you very much
best regards
Abe

PaulNH

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, mine was from Amazon.com and it was called Generic ....yet when I received it ... the label, on the bottom of the camera read Imporx. Yes it looks like the same that I received. The instructions are brutal.... basically the booklet is for various camera's similar to this... yet pages show things that my camera does not have... sigh.... for example setting the DOME dip switches... I didn't see them, took my camera down and sure enough... it doesn't pertain to my camera. Ugh... Dome Password... nope don't have that either.... It's been brutal with trial and error experimenting. Maybe if I had knowledge in this area it would help but I'm a novice. Today I was trying to find video's and info on my camera when suddenly it went to black and white.... I've tried everything I can to get it to go back to color. This camera is an IP camera connected to my computer. When ever I make changes to the System Parameters... the results causes my camera to start panning to the left...one stop at a time... and round and round it goes.. until I reset the camera... then we are back to black and white. I did a Factory reset.. all back in color.. but when I make the change from PAL to NTSC and save it... we go back to black and white....round and round... non stop. Ugh... The good thing is that I was not satisfied with this camera and tried to send it back.... they did not respond to me... I applied for an A-Z guarantee through Amazon.. I was fully refunded.... but no one responded back to me...where to send the camera. After a month or more, of the camera in the box waiting to ship it back.... I decided to take it out and tinker around with it... and that's where I am today. FREE camera.... but buggier than a swamp full of Mosquito's. Glad it's free. Good luck with your camera. Maybe I can help if you get stuck...... Regards.. P.Moore

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulNH

n3wb
Reaction score
My apologizes for being so late in my post. Work reared it's ugly head this week...sigh...
The camera is called GENERIC 20X Optical and 12X digital auto tracking 2 Meg HD Network High Speed PTZ Dome Camera.

1) support wiper ,Support auto tracking 2)Also support ONVIF 3)support detection alarm 4)support email send the picture 5)2MP high resolution 6)DNR(2D &3D) 7)WDR ,application and built-in fan and heater 8)OSD menu available,5" Total Metal body construction.IP66 Rating

1)Megapixel sensor 1/2.8"COMS,2MP 1080P IP IR Speed Dome
2)20X optical zoom, F=5-100MM,IR distance: 150M
3)Manual control:180 degree /s£¬Horizontal: 360 degree £¬Vertical:90 degree ,180 degree auto overturn
4) H.264 video coding, Main Profile;MJPEG/JPEG Baseline
5) 1920*1080,25F/S
6)Support: TCP/IP,UDP,RTP,RTSP,RTCP,HTTP,DNS,DDN,DHCP,FTP,NTP,PPPOE,SMTP,UPNP
7)Also support ONVIF

Invoice is from IMPORX ... Model IMP-CAM-IP-PTZ-2MP-IR7004-TR
I can not find a place for updating the Firmware... the company doesn't respond to my e-mails. (why am I not surprised)... Purchased from Amazon.com - I tried to return the camera but they didn't respond...so I filed for a A-Z guarantee... Amazon reimbursed me... I have tried many times to contact GENERIC to return the camera.. but no response from them.... so I decided to tinker around with it. I've had some success but "hit or miss" at tracking. As of today it developed another issue... the video starting outlining images with a dark blue digital lines. Eventually the camera went to black and white. I have tried to reboot the camera several time... and got it back to color... the camera goes to color until I adjust it in the Video Parameters..... I switch it back to NTSC .... save it .. the camera simply starts pulsing...to the left... one step at a time....and you can't stop it.. until you reset the camera... then it's back to black and white.... Wow.. glad this camera is FREE. I am running the camera off on an Actiontec PWR511K01 500Mbps Home Plug HD Powerline Wall Plug Network Adapter.

This might be "Information Over Load" but I'm trying to address your questions. I will try to post a screen shot.. but for right now.. it's off to bed. Work is calling for an early rise tomorrow morning. Thank you for your advice and help.
Regards... Paul Moore

PaulNH

n3wb
Reaction score
When your camera arrives could you please keep me updated. I like the price but don't want it if it's "What I'm already dealing with". If yours is like mine I may be able to help you find certain settings. It's a weird setup and there's a strong learning curve to it. My camera is running on Network Video Monitoring program..If you select Preset 95 it will bring up a MENU for the DOME... with all sorts of settings...... Also when you select SYSTEM (tab) on the program menu... then select Parameters (tab)... it opens up a ton of other settings.... It appears to me that there are Menu's for the Dome... then there are programs for the camera run by the software....

I plan on removing this program from my computer and doing a clean install this weekend to see if that might resolve some issues. Wish me luck !!!