Auto tracking

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
or have your ptz’s move to your fixed cams IVS rules.

I love playing around with auto tracking and watching the reactions people have when they see the camera following them.
To me it’s a novelty but I find using fixed cams with IVS and having the ptz respond to those locations or perform a tour when activated much more useful.
I didn't even think of that. That's a great idea!

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi
@blake , can you please show me an example of rules using fixed cam and ptz ?
i'm using IPC-HDW5231R-Z as fix cam and SD6CE225U-HNI as Ptz

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So, let's say you have a fixed camera covering your driveway and a ptz that oversees your entire front area. If the driveway cam is triggered, the ptz would immediately turn to that area and do whatever function you have set in the preset for it.

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any picture of your settings on both cams to show us ?

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, let's say you have a fixed camera covering your driveway and a ptz that oversees your entire front area. If the driveway cam is triggered, the ptz would immediately turn to that area and do whatever function you have set in the preset for it.
PTZ Activation Setup - Dahua Wiki This shows a how to on motion detection, Same rules apply for IVS!
So basically, You create an IVS rule and set a tripwire etc. on your fixed camera. Then under the settings for that rule you just created on the fixed camera you can now set a PTZ channel to respond to that tripwire incident. ie. go to preset, tour, scan etc. when that rule or event for your fixed camera is tripped.

Under the IVS rule settings that you set up on the fixed camera you are looking for "PTZ activation" = (settings) this is what you click on to tell what channel ptz to use, preset to go to, activate scan, tour etc.

Last edited:

0blar

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for your response

Do i need also to set it up on the nvr or only on fix and ptz cams ?

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can just set it all up on the NVR if that’s what your using.

Mine is set up using only the NVR