Automated Sentry Camera

Hawko777

n3wb
Reaction score
I have stumbled across this website http://www.realsentrygun.com/Object Tracking Camera.htm
Now, I couldn't find anything on this site relating to it, but it sounds awesome and the videos are unbelievable.
Has anyone had any experience with these or know of anyone?
We as a group are always complaining about the accuracy of the trip zones, motion detection, false alarms etc etc. This seems to be exceptional and a real consideration for myself.
PTZ cams are expensive for good ones and even then, the firmware is, well, mediocre.

The paintball gun attachment turret is bloody awesome too, if you wanna keep raccoons, or other vermin out of your yard. lol

Anyhow, have a look at the site and give me your views. ( and NO, I'm not affiliated with this site in any way.)

Cheers

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
looks like a pice of junk compared they want wayy to much money for..

Hawko777

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi nayr
I just thought the firmware was impressive compared to something similar which is in the $2000 region, as opposed to $400 for this.
I would like more info on the system before i commit to it though.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you can get auto tracking PTZ's for less than that contraption that give higher resolution and are weatherproof.. and they all suck.. its a gimmic to make u buy a toy.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you watch the videos of the automated paintball gun? I agree that the camera itself on the first page looks like a $30 homemade PTZ but the videos of the automated tracking software running the gun are pretty neat. You can see the the live video on laptop screen and the tracking dot where the gun is trying to shoot. And yes it's a toy but an interesting one.

Here're the videos- http://www.realsentrygun.com/Videos.htm

edit- Imagine this thing hooked up to a modified Baikal Drozd Blackbird at 1200 rounds per minute instead of a paintball gun. You KNOW somebody's going to do it, probably guarding their little patch of weed.

Last edited by a moderator: