Automatic IR control not working on Amcrest cameras

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this. Since last week, the automatic infrared control on my camera does isn't working. It has always worked in the past. I may have mistakenly clicked the light icon on the mobile application and have been having issues since then. Obviously I don't want to manually click that light button every evening and have kept it off but the room is dark at night now when viewing directly on the blue iris console on the mobile app

Thx

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
From BI's "Help":
"Enable/disable the camera’s IR LEDs and/or “night mode.” Hold down this icon in order to enable the automatic IR LED function (if supported by the camera)."

In other words, on the BI console, click on the camera's preview screen, a light bulb icon will appear lower left. A long press will make the light bulb icon turn yellow, meaning it is in "Auto" (IR on at dusk, off at dawn), green is "ON", gray is "OFF".

Last edited:

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That worked - thank you! I guess even though Amcrest has the auto-IR function, it's BI that has to instruct it to change modes every night?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No the camera does it but you got it stuck in BI somehow. By default BI does not instruct the camera to go to IR,the camera settings itself do.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Well it would be nice if BI could override the scheduled day night of the dahuas in some meanigful way like the daily susnrise sunset changes throughout the year. It's a "nice to have" but whatever...If I was a coding geek King LOL

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That worked - thank you! I guess even though Amcrest has the auto-IR function, it's BI that has to instruct it to change modes every night?
Not really but it can override the cam's settings...it does not alter those settings in the cam.

Last edited: