Automatically Reset Alert

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I want to use some of my cameras as motion sensor for home automation purposes. I can get them to detect motion and perform an action on the home automation system. However, the alert is not clearing until I manually clear it. I would like it to clear after say 10s so that when there is motion again, it will trigger again. I read the section in the manual about trigger and motion detection and alerts and did some search but can't find anything.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If adjusting the break time (found under "Triggering and Motion Detection" => "Break Time") does not help your case then in BI's built-in "Help" there's several commands under "HTTP Interface" => "Admin commands" that maybe can be issued externally or by BI such as the one below:

/admin?camera=x&trigger=0 Reset trigger on camera (short name)

Example:

http://BI-Server-IP:BI-Server-Port/admin?camera=Cam7&trigger=0

Last edited:

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, so it seems the alarm was actually always reset. I am saying this because it records for 10s and then the recording stops. And using @TonyR URL, I can make the recording stop before the 10s. The reason I thought the alarm is not reset is because the orange flash on the right side of the camera's title bar doesn't disappear. I guess it's sticky, showing that the camera is OR WAS in alarm but isn't necessarily in alarm anymore.