Avigilon 5.0-H3-D1 questions.

slip kid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've located a few of these DOME cameras and wondering what anyone has in experience relating to them?
It's an older discontinued camera, so can it be controlled and with what kind of software?
They were removed from a payment processing center in an upgrade for a location that handles plenty-O-cash.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
so can it be controlled and with what kind of software?
The first thing to do would be to point a browser at the camera IP address when you've powered it up.
Then do a Google search for default or recovery passwords.
Commonly, those older commercial cameras had fixed or default passwords.

To find the IP address, if it's not using DHCP such that 'connected devices' on your router sees it, Wireshark should see the ARP and other broadcasts it will make on power up which will indicate the IP address.

Reaction score
That is an Avigilon H3 dome camera, which can be connected to any VMS/NVR that supports ONVIF. The on-board camera analytics are only supported by Avigilon's ACC VMS. The default user/password for Avigilon cameras was admin/admin, but new firmware versions changed that to Administrator/<blank>.

Page 15 of this document explains how to factory reset the camera, which will reset passwords/IP addresses: http://avigilon.com/assets/Uploads/920-0049CH3-DInstallGuide4.pdf

slip kid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What are they worth in dollars?

I let the next guy win them at auction. There were 4 of these, about 8 JVC domes from 2004-2005, 8 empty drop ceiling housings, several electric junction boxes with unknown devices(if any) inside, and 25 of something that resembled very large motion detectors with industrial looking mounts. $735 was the winning bid. The winning bidder was winning at $42 before I entered. So sorry.

Any idea what these are? In the center of the face, that's a translucent piece like motion sensors have.

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like a pile of junk to me but I'm not an expert :)

Provide a link to the auction so we can see what else there was.

slip kid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These 3 pics below and no description is all there was.

The description said they are ~"auctioning off camera and surveillance equipment. Condition unknown"
No specifics. No count or variety of anything. I went and looked it over and found 8 empty drop ceiling cases but there are 7-8 old JVC domes down in the box. See pic #3, the white boxes in the left side of the bin. Those are the 4 original boxes with the Avigilon 5 mp cameras I opened and shot pics posted above. If someone had a store, this might be a decent pick up.

These 3 pics are the only pics they provided.