Axis Door Cam

vrman

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the AXIS A8105-E Network Video Door Station? Pros/Cons?

Thanks!

vrman

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks! Unfortunately I won't be spending $99 to be able to read the review. :p

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! Unfortunately I won't be spending $99 to be able to read the review. :p
So you are ok overpaying for a doorcam but 99 is too much? ok...makes sense...you get a lot more than a single review for 99 dollars....
Let me modify my original response...you cant afford the axis.

vrman

n3wb
Reaction score
wow, that's a really hostile attitude. What exactly did I do to deserve a response like that?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
wow, that's a really hostile attitude. What exactly did I do to deserve a response like that?
Smartass responses get same in return....why are you wasting others time...you cannot afford the axis...so move on to something else...there is a hikvision doorbell for 169...see threads..

Please enter the name by

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I prefer an real Door System because there are multiple push buttons for each Apartment.
Depend on the Country its permitted to point a cam outside of the own property.
I fixed with an Privacy Filter and Disable the Recording function.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I prefer an real Door System because there are multiple push buttons for each Apartment.
Depend on the Country its permitted to point a cam outside of the own property.
I fixed with an Privacy Filter and Disable the Recording function.
regardless, their models are all likely using the same camera, go read the specs and see...

Reaction score
I'm also looking for reviews of the Axis 8105-E. I've been wanting to put in a video door station for several years and have been monitoring the likes of Mobotix, Doorbird, Ring, etc. but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm looking for a door station that will also have motion detection and will record video when triggered to help deter package theft or at least capture video of the incident. I also want something that has pretty open standards so I can integrate it with our Honeywell Tuxedo Touches (via RTSP), iPhones, IP phones, RTI system, etc. I think it's a little absurd to say somebody cannot afford something if they don't want to pay $100 to read a review. It looks like IPVM is targeted to professionals in the IP security business and not end users that want to research a few product choices. Would you pay $100 to read a review on a $700 vacuum cleaner purchase? If you're looking for anything with POE, then you're already in the $500 price range with the Ring Elite. I see the Axis 8105-E listed as low as $685, so it's not clear to me that's overpriced when you compare the specs. The Mobotix solutions look great but are well over over $1000 last I looked. The original Doorbird is around $400 but it seems to have outdated specs at this point and I don't think it will record motion events (that may have changed) and it gets dinged for not having good WDR (perhaps any). So yes, I'm also anxiously awaiting some good reviews of this product and will happily pay a few hundred dollars more if this product fits my needs.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm also looking for reviews of the Axis 8105-E. I've been wanting to put in a video door station for several years and have been monitoring the likes of Mobotix, Doorbird, Ring, etc. but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm looking for a door station that will also have motion detection and will record video when triggered to help deter package theft or at least capture video of the incident. I also want something that has pretty open standards so I can integrate it with our Honeywell Tuxedo Touches (via RTSP), iPhones, IP phones, RTI system, etc. I think it's a little absurd to say somebody cannot afford something if they don't want to pay $100 to read a review. It looks like IPVM is targeted to professionals in the IP security business and not end users that want to research a few product choices. Would you pay $100 to read a review on a $700 vacuum cleaner purchase? If you're looking for anything with POE, then you're already in the $500 price range with the Ring Elite. I see the Axis 8105-E listed as low as $685, so it's not clear to me that's overpriced when you compare the specs. The Mobotix solutions look great but are well over over $1000 last I looked. The original Doorbird is around $400 but it seems to have outdated specs at this point and I don't think it will record motion events (that may have changed) and it gets dinged for not having good WDR (perhaps any). So yes, I'm also anxiously awaiting some good reviews of this product and will happily pay a few hundred dollars more if this product fits my needs.
It's not absurd it's fact.... I can tell from your post that you will never buy a $700 doorbell otherwise you would have purchased it and tested it yourself.... Most places do in fact have a return policy.... You can deter and capture package theft with a $100 camera you don't need a $700 doorbell....

IPcamfan

n3wb
Reaction score
We have installed both Axis Intercom’s for large 1000+ camera projects and small projects. They are way more flexible then the cheaper IP door bells. You get SIP, full intergration in VMS platforms, analytic options, integration into access control systems and more. I am more of fan of the smaller unit as the fisheye camera is a must so you have no blind spots.

Last edited:

terry420

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a IPVM subscription (they had a $20/month deal), and its a work expense. They do a lot of work reviewing devices for the industry and from what I have seen are fairly honest. Ill probably save that $20/month a thousand times over in time savings and when dealing with customers... anyway I have read the Axis A8105-E review, honestly it was a bit weak compared to their other reviews and left me with more questions.

Anyway the A8105 seems a bit bulky to me for what it is, but its their first swing at this type of product, and with recently joining N2 well probably see something better as a follow up product next year or so.

There are outputs on the device for tamper alarms, the LED ring around the button is their only light so the low light is weak but for this form factor expected on a fixed iris lens camera. Lots of native support in the professional NVR products out of the box though, and you get what you pay for in Axis hardware... their cameras in the professional world are usually only replaced after the tech is old, rarely from failure. I have some axis 2400 (vga!), that are still running at industrial sites for customers... 15years now at least. Their stuff is tank like but not cheap.

I was interested the door model for SIP functionality for some customers, price point isn't far off from Commend or similar IP solutions, just a cleaner/smaller device than what is available in the professional market.

Personally I was looking to install this at home, my wife wants a ring door bell camera, and I don't want to pay subscription fees and want something I can record on my own NVR not in the cloud with monthly fees. The only thing I haven't figured out is how well the thing works with the axis app as a "ring like" solution, might break down and buy one anyway and sort things out on my own. Dealer costs on these are still high $650/665 I think is my dealer price.

There is a used one on eBay for $400, looks a big banged up but probably good.