AXIS new 4K camera

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is a Hikvision 2032 bullet @ 3MP with no particular attention paid to image settings. This is the kind of native resolution image quality I expected from a brand like ACTI.

http://romehill.com/Wyocam44640.aspx

There is none of the blocky artifacts that are visible in much of the E77's image. You have to scale down the E77's image to about 75% original size before it starts looking as clean.

That's pretty sad,for a minute I was feeling ripped off for paying as much as I did for a 2032 but that just goes to show just because they say 10mp doesn't mean it will be all that.

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
"4k" is 8.29 MP. 3840 x 2160 = 8294400. Though it also sometimes refers to 4096x2160 which is slightly wider...

I have a couple of those ACTI E77 domes and they really aren't worth the money; you get big blocky pixelation, not sharp edges. It is slightly improved with noise reduction disabled, but that results in a crazy amount of noise under low light so it isn't a good idea IMHO to keep noise reduction off. Also, it is probably the lack of an auto iris, but my south-facing one gets really blurry during the day when it is very bright.

Just have a look at this image at full size.

You could swear that I used a ~5 MP camera and upscaled the image (poorly!).
I have the E77. JUNK.

mrd156

n3wb
Reaction score
The P1428-E gives you a great image in the day. As soon as it gets dark (1.4 lux) you have got no luck.

I love the P1425-LE, as you have the IR built-in and a great 1080p image. The P1435-LE if your VMS will support Zipstream for lower bandwidth video.

I also just saw the P1427-LE has been released a 5MP version of this camera with IR. Surely if you want all-round image quality, that's the one to go for.