AXIS P1375-E

tantrim

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone have an opinion on these cameras? I'm new to IP Cameras and looking to buy some after recent vandalism on my property.

Few questions

1. What is the distance these cameras are capable of for Identifying people in day/night?
Camera is capable of:
  • 10mm focal length max
  • 33 degree horizontal FOV minimum
  • 19 degree vertical FOV minimum

2. What is the equivalent camera model for Dahua and Hikvision?
3. How does it perform at night compared to compared to Dahua and Hikvision cameras?

Here is the technical information for this camera:

Angular Field of View (H, Max, Degree)
Angular Field of View (H, Min, Degree)
Angular Field of View (V, Max, Degree)
Angular Field of View (V, Min, Degree)
Auto Iris Control
P-Iris
Focal Length Control
Vari-focal
Lens Aperture
F/1.2
Max Focal Length
10 millimetre
Min Focal Length
2.8 millimetre
Minimum Illumination
0.01 lux - B&W - F1.2 - 50 IRE, 0.05 lux - color - F1.2 - 50 IRE
Optical Zoom

Sensor Size (metric)
9.1 mm (1/2.8")

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Well it appears to be a 2Megapixel camera on 1/2.8 sensor, which is an ideal sensor size for a 2Megapixel cam.
There literally hundreds of cameras out there with this Sensor size and megapixel. So it's nothing super extraordinary except for it says its a Varifocal, which means you can zoom it up to focus more precisely on your intended area of observation.
There is Dahua white label reseller here on the Forum from Hong Kong. ( empire tech Andy) he has an Amazon storefront, I have bought about 10 from him, and hundreds more have been sold to forum members.
Here I found a compareable camera from him on Amazon....

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tantrim

n3wb
Reaction score
Well it appears to be a 2Megapixel camera on 1/2.8 sensor, which is an ideal sensor size for a 2Megapixel cam.
There literally hundreds of cameras out there with this Sensor size and megapixel. So it's nothing super extraordinary except for it says its a Varifocal, which means you can zoom it up to focus more precisely on your intended area of observation.
There is Dahua white label reseller here on the Forum from Hong Kong. ( empire tech Andy) he has an Amazon storefront, I have bought about 10 from him, and hundreds more have been sold to forum members.
Here I found a compareable camera from him on Amazon....
Thanks for the reply. Is the image quality going to be superior on 1 or the other? Seems that most hardware on the camera is similar so it's hard for me to know.

also another question. What is the difference between the camera you linked and Z12E besides the extra optical zoom? If they're both set at 10mm, will the picture be the exact same?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the z-12e and it really zooms a lot more. I used it to get plates in a parking lot.
I cant answer the 10mm question cuz i dont have the other one. And I generally havent paid much technical attention to what mm its zoomed to. It was tunable enough for my use case.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You will tend to spend a lot more for an Axis. Many don't feel the extra cost is worth the incremental improvement in picture quality.

In theory setting two different cams to the same mm (focal length) should result in the same field of view, but real world has shown it can be off.

But I can tell you taking a Z12E and using it for 10mm is a waste of that camera capabilities. A much smaller varifocal turret would be a better choice

You will find there is no real comparison between the focal lengths of these cameras and "real" cameras.

Heck even taking the 5442 6mm fixed lens and setting up the 5442-ZE to the equivalent 6mm and you will find the field of view is different for both. The 5442-ZE had to be set to a 9mm equivalent to get the same field of view as the 5442 6mm fixed lens.

You can see a member here demonstrated this: