Axis P3365V with Hikvision DS-7732NI-I4

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a customer with 15pc P3365V that I am trying to get working with a Hikvision DS-7732NI-I4. Both cameras and NVR are running the latest firmware from Axis and Hikvision.

While I have been able to get them working without any problems as ONVIF cameras (it does not seem to pick them up as AXIS protocol, while my old DS-7716NI-ST with older firmware does), I am unable to get motion detection working; I can only record them 24/7.

ONVIF seems to be correctly configured on the camera, but ONVIF Device Manager does not seem to pick up any events coming from it (not sure if that means anything since I have seen this happen with other ONVIF cameras, that no events were showing up on ODM, but it was actually recording ok with MD on the NVR).

I can get the AXIS camera to call an URL when motion starts/stops, so I thought about using a HTTP call on the Hikvision NVR to get the recording to start/stop, but I can not get it working since I would need to POST an XML file and the AXIS camera won't do that.
HTTP commands for Hikvision
Record start or alarm trigger with an http command?

Anyone with a clue on what else I could try? I am about thinking on just having someone write me a program that will just listen to the Axis URL calls and do whatever HTTP calls the Hikvision NVR needs to start/stop recording.

Thanks!