Axis P7216 and Blue Iris?

Mike Voss

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone have experience setting up camera feeds from an Axis P7216 encoder into Blue Iris?
I'm thoroughly familiar with Blue Iris, but the Axis encoder is new to me and a bit mysterious.
Thanks.

ChengXin

n3wb
Reaction score
I am on the opposite ends, familiar with Axis 7216 but new to Blue iris.

Try to pull the rtsp stream from the P7216 if Blue iris pull rtsp streams.

rtsp://<camera ip>/axis-media/media.amp?camera=<n>

where n is the port/channel number.

P7216 has 4 IP addresses. Each IP addresses has 4 ports/channel for 4 analog cameras.

If you are interested in further discussion, please contact me via Skype @ Cheng.Xin.SG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are interested in further discussion, please contact me via Skype @ Cheng.Xin.SG
Why? the forum is meant for open discussion, so that others can learn from results..I would be suspicious of anyone asking for a skype session in a first reply...

Mike Voss

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue Iris can easily take the RTSP feeds. When you are setting up a new camera, you can select an RTSP feed in the address box to the left of the space where the URL goes. Then put the URL in the box. Then, select Axis as the camera type and add the user/password and click find/inspect and it will set up pretty much automatically.

My Axis 7216 has 2 IP addresses set up and I can see 8 of 16 cameras. I scan my network and there are just those 2 IPs - no others for any axis device. My question is how to add 2 more IPs so I can see the other 8 cameras I have connected. Do you have to use the Axis IP Utility for this? Thanks, and let's discuss here for benefit of others.

ChengXin

n3wb
Reaction score
P7216 is a 4 in 1 devices, meaning 4 encoders with 4 processors embedded into 1 board.
Possible faults.
- The internal 5 port switch is faulty.
- firmware for 2 of encoders is corrupted.

Sorry I don't monitor this forum closely, so for user that want a detaied and fast answer, I leave a skype id.

Mike Voss

n3wb
Reaction score
I actually found the answer today. I ran the axis IP utility and it let me set up the 2 additional IP addresses and their feeds came right up.
Moral of story is that to set up an Axis 7216 you have to download the Axis IP configuration tool. It finds the hardware instantly and setup is very easy.

Tomorrow, I will see if I can connect the feeds into Blue Iris - pretty confident I can do it and I will share the results/setup.

Mike Voss

n3wb
Reaction score
So am happy to say that I was easily able to setup the P7216 feeds in Blue Iris using the RTSP format shown in the earlier post. Just hit + to add a camera, name it, and in configuration select RTSP and enter that URL with the correct IP and camera number, then click find and OK and it come right up. Really simple and nice. I can post some screen shots if needed. Thanks for the help.