Axis vs. Dahua

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm comparing these two camera:

Axis P1448-LE
Dahua DH-IPC-HFW2831T-ZAS.
The Dahua appears to have a better sensor. I'm really wondering how the Axis sells at around $900 when compared to the $200 Dahua.

Is there any reason I'm not seeing to consider the Axis over the Dahua?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
NO

In my admitted limited experience with Axis, I found them to be top quality in image and functionality. That said, I didnt find them to be anywhere near 3X-5X more $ better. That appears to be the Axis "budget" series as is the Dahua. Im sure its a good camera, it just isn't worth 4 Dahua's

There is a bias against Chinese cameras in the industry from what Ive been able to learn, and with some merit due to security issues in the past. I've also surmised that Axis discounts to industry Professionals makes it financially attractive for them to resell

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Its like Apple (iOS) vs. Samsung (Android) :D

NO

In my admitted limited experience with Axis, I found them to be top quality in image and functionality. That said, I didnt find them to be anywhere near 3X-5X more $ better. That appears to be the Axis "budget" series as is the Dahua. Im sure its a good camera, it just isn't worth 4 Dahua's

There is a bias against Chinese cameras in the industry from what Ive been able to learn, and with some merit due to security issues in the past. I've also surmised that Axis discounts to industry Professionals makes it financially attractive for them to resell

HoosierD

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ran quite a few Axis IP PTZ cameras starting back in the beginning (around 2011). Now these were $3K-4K cameras at 720P resolution and simply amazing for the time. They were great in the day and accessible in the US. Now I know of Andy, I my entire flet is Dahua and I'll never go back.