B54IR-Z4E S3 How to zoom out? Picture is too close

bozoreefer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi

I just mounted this camera and it seems like the image is way too zoomed in.

Is there anyway to zoom out?

I looked on the WEB settings and it doesnt seem like there is a way to do it or I'm just blind haha

Thanks

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That camera starts at a higher focal length.

According to the zoom slider you are already zoomed all the way out.

bozoreefer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That camera starts at a higher focal length.

According to the zoom slider you are already zoomed all the way out.
Thanks for your response.

Dang so there is no other way to zoom out even further?

I'm reading the instructions and it says there is a W and T button on the camera itself.

Would that help my cause?

I've attached a photo of where I posted the camera.

Its on the top right red circle

thanks

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No those buttons wouldn't do anything different than the slider. That is for someone adjusting it while outside next to the camera watching on a screen.

This camera starts at 8mm focal length so it is already more than the standard 2.8 or 3.6mm focal length of the fixed lens on the ZE varifocal.

You probably need the ZE and not Z4E, although I would use this and zoom in more for a good tight pinch point.

bozoreefer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No those buttons wouldn't do anything different than the slider. That is for someone adjusting it while outside next to the camera watching on a screen.

This camera starts at 8mm focal length so it is already more than the standard 2.8 or 3.6mm focal length of the fixed lens on the ZE varifocal.

You probably need the ZE and not Z4E, although I would use this and zoom in more for a good tight pinch point.
Dang I didnt realize the 8mm focal length would be this zoomed in.

I'm not even able to see whats happening in front of my house hahaha

So do you think the ZE version would be more zoomed out than the Z4E?

I'm trying to capture the driveway space in front of my home and also the street that you see in the photo.

Does the ZE also have LPT?

Thank you!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The ZE starts out at a much wider 2.7mm. Full zoomed in would be close to your view now.

Do you mean LPR? If so the camera can't do overview and plates - it is one or the other.

The ZE is good to about 20-30feet and the Z4E to about 60ish feet for reading plates

So if you want to read plates, then keep the z4e and zoom it in to where not much more than the size of a car is in the field of view.

bozoreefer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The ZE starts out at a much wider 2.7mm. Full zoomed in would be close to your view now.

Do you mean LPR? If so the camera can't do overview and plates - it is one or the other.

The ZE is good to about 20-30feet and the Z4E to about 60ish feet for reading plates

So if you want to read plates, then keep the z4e and zoom it in to where not much more than the size of a car is in the field of view.
Thank you so much for this.

I just purchased the ZE on Amazon.

I love this forum

bozoreefer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

So based on Andys comment on the other thread we were on, I canceled the amazon order and will wait for the B54IR ZE S3.

I was looking at the B58IR-ZE-S3 and was wondering if this could be a good alternative to what I'm seeking.

Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Only if you have a lot of light. That is 8MP on the same sensor as the 4MP.

You can see the differences between the Z4E versions here.

bozoreefer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Only if you have a lot of light. That is 8MP on the same sensor as the 4MP.

You can see the differences between the Z4E versions here.

Thank you again for your response.

I'll take your advice and take the 4MP over the 8MP

Looks like I'll be waiting for the B541R ZE S3 then!

Appreciate all the help!