Baby Cam (DS-2CD2432F-IW) not Overwriting Files

Reaction score
I have a DS-2CD2432F-IW I am using as a baby cam. It has installed on it firmware V5.4.5 build 170123. I set it up a few months ago to continuously record to an internal 128GB Micro SD Card. Looking at the recordings, it looks like it filmed for 1.5 days, until the SD Card was full, and no longer is recording new videos. I confirmed on Storage > Schedule Settings > Advanced that 'Overwrite' is checked.

I wonder if me changing the 'Percentage of Record' to "99%" caused any issues?
Attached is a picture of Storage > HDD Management

Thank you for the help.

Attachments

Bink

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Congrats on your little one. I use the camera for similar reasons, have Percentage of Record set to 99% and haven’t experienced your issue. I also use a 64GB card. Some thoughts:
  • Upgrade to newer firmware if you can
  • I recommend doing motion instead of continuous.
  • Try reformatting the card

Reaction score
Thanks!

I was thinking newer firmware might help, but wasn't sure the best place to download it. One of the threads here, had the latest for R0 at the same version (5.4.5) I have seen mention of version 5.5.0, which I am willing to try, if I knew a reliable link.

Also, I'll try reformatting and using PIR. See if that makes a difference.

Reaction score
So it seems the problem was the micro SD Card got corrupted. I couldn't repartition it on Linux or Windows, and can't write to it on those systems either.
I'll go and get another one, and only have it write to the sdcard when the PIR is triggered.