Backyard Critters vs Scarecrow

yds

n3wb
Reaction score
Been having some problems with skunks and raccoons using my back lawn as a dinner plate. The skunks do a great job of peeling back the sod, and the raccoons make very credible golf cups. We live in urban Toronto, so these critters are to be expected, but I was getting tired of the mess they were making of the lawn. First, I set up a motion activated floodlight, which seemed to work for a bit. But the effect wore off, or the skunk stayed on the periphery of the main light (not to mention I suspect my neighbours weren't particularly fond of the light going on and off all night). So I picked up a motion activated sprinkler - the Scarecrow. That seems to be doing the trick (knock on wood). Had to adjust sensitivity settings a bit (in first video, skunk seems to know where not to walk!!) but have had in place for two weeks now, and the Scarecrow seems to be working - second video is latest.

jcams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Been thinking about getting one of these for the neighbors cats pissing on my car and motorcycle and pooping in my yard.. dont think the mailman would like it though. lol