Bad performance on HIKVISION ANPR Camera

black1906

n3wb
Reaction score
First of all, sorry for my english, not my first language. But im pretty sure you guys can understand pretty well.
I have a Hikvision Camera for ANPR (Hikvision DeepinView Series/IP Camera/ iDS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZHS).
I made a post some weeks ago, asking for help with my camera positioning as i would like to use it in a straight corridor. The positioning then was very bad and most messages i received were from people asking me to change the camera location (too high
/the wall was in front of it). And so i did (was about to do it anyways).
My camera is in a pretty good spot right now (at least i thought so) , as it is almost aligned with the license plate from the cars and in a good distance. But the problem is that the performance is horrible now. In the position the camera were before, even tho it had some problems,i could get like 85% of license plates. Now, i can barely get like 50%.
The camera is missing some pretty "obvious" plates, as you will see in the pictue i will post. Most of the time, the cars go by the blue line (which was supposed to take a snap, and it did before) and the camera does nothing. It is indeed capable of taking license plates pretty far away, but it's missing a lot and i have no idea why.
Im not very experienced with ANPR cameras,and i would like any suggestion you guys have. I just don't know if there is any config that could make it better, or if i should phisically reduce the camera angle so it gets better precision.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:

black1906

n3wb
Reaction score
This picture was just an example but most of the times it misses cars like this.
I will post more pictures along the day

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Idk why you have such problem, i have the same model placed yesterday at ultrawide entrance, it is detecting tables at nearly 60° . I wouldnt exclude the problem with camera itself.

Can you try to position camera more left(angle), so licence plate is more on right side(bigger angle) and check it out.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there any other metrics from which you can set or analyze.

That is a great image and should be getting it, but maybe a setting regarding speed of vehicle for example is causing it to be missed? I mean that shouldn't be the case with a camera made for ANPR, but that is about all I can see at this point.

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your lines are out of wack...

Move the left and right line borders to the left and right of the lanes like I drew them. The left one may need to be a little higher. Play around with it and see what you get. Also, it appears that mode should be entrance/exit. Select that if not already.

I have the same camera and it's off in a distance at a pretty substantial angle and I rarely miss license plates. That distance and angle looks perfect.

Hikvision LPR Setup.jpg

enderdogan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have directed you a file about ANPR installation. I think it will work for you. I think I'm good at ANPR. The standard mounting height of the camera you are talking about is 180cm, and the camera tilt angle is 15 degrees. After making any adjustments to the camera, you need to wait an average of 3 - 5 minutes and then observe the result of your action.

*By the way, the distance between the camera and the plate is very close, if you want to increase the ANPR performance, I can recommend you to take readings from a distance of at least 6 - 8 meters.

*I have installed ANPR in at least 40 facilities and remember that none of them will ever work with full performance. Because we are doing the process with the camera. If you do the process with a 3rd party software, you will get 100% efficiency. The efficiency you will only get from the camera and NVR is max. 90% :)

Attachments