Basic Indoor camera

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's kind of odd that their "pro" 4MP version uses a smaller sensor than the 2MP version.

It caters to the "I want more MP" naive crowd LOL. So they make a 4MP on a crappy cheap sensor to sell it at the price point the consumer wants.

As we have seen, most consumers don't expect great quality at night...

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Gatorguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Does Amcrest make the POE version anymore? I bought one a while ago but can't seem to find it again. I don't have a power plug where I want to put the camera, but I do have POE.

Edit: I found this POE power splitter product in another post which may be a solution to my issue: .

Last edited:

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have this amcrest which is POE, but I think you mean a POE PTZ which this is not:

This camera covers a room downstairs and with a close focus of 3 feet it is perfect.

Gatorguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, sorry, I meant a POE version of the camera in the second post of this thread. The camera sits on a high ledge in the living room.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Does Amcrest make the POE version anymore? I bought one a while ago but can't seem to find it again. I don't have a power plug where I want to put the camera, but I do have POE.

Edit: I found this POE power splitter product in another post which may be a solution to my issue: .
It's USB C. I think the 841's use that LG/Samsung/Android type of receptacle. unless they upgraded to USB C....

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So if I understand correctly the IP2M-841 is Amcrest's best model in or near it's price range in a counter IP security camera that works with BI?

Is the IP2M-841Looney linked to the V3 version or are all they all 3V now??

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So if I understand correctly the IP2M-841 is Amcrest's best model in or near it's price range in a counter IP security camera that works with BI?

Is the IP2M-841Looney linked to the V3 version or are all they all 3V now??
The last 2 of the 841's I have purchased from amazon in the last 12 months have been V3 and came with a UL-listed, 100-240AC, 50/60Hz to 5.0 VDC 1.5 Amp USB charger/power supply.

The power supply has a female type A USB receptacle on it; the furnished 10 ft. cord has a male Micro B-USB connector on one end for the cam and a male type A USB connector on the other end that plugs into the power supply. The non-polarized 2 prong male plug fits a U.S. 15 Amp NEMA 5-15R receptacle.

mike2874

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The last 2 of the 841's I have purchased from amazon in the last 12 months have been V3 and came with a UL-listed, 100-240AC, 50/60Hz to 5.0 VDC 1.5 Amp USB charger/power supply.

The power supply has a female type A USB receptacle on it; the furnished 10 ft. cord has a male Micro B-USB connector on one end for the cam and a male type A USB connector on the other end that plugs into the power supply. The non-polarized 2 prong male plug fits a U.S. 15 Amp NEMA 5-15R receptacle.
Thanks I'm a little surprised that since the IP2M-841B's have been out for so many years there's not a newer updated model to replace it... especially since you seem to indicate the 841 is superior to the IP4M-1041B.

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it overly loud, but within a room someone can hear it.

It works with BI, but it is more like walkie-talkie than a phone. Push the speakericon to talk and then push again to mute so you can here them.
Does it work over a mobile device like a phone or tablet via UI3 or is there a limitation regarding the microphone aspect when you want to talk through the cam's built-in speaker? Just curious how that gets set up in UI3 or Blue Iris settings to enable speaking though the cam speaker.

1658445970596.png

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
It's my understanding that 2-way audio will not work through RDP nor through UI3. The only way to get BI to work with this cam would be through the BI app which is a total crapfest. While I've had the BI app for a few years I refuse to use it anymore...LOL.

DanDenver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My wife uses the BI app and prefers it over the browser. She runs ios and I am on Android. I use the app for basic research but if I need to scrub any clips I go to the browser.
2 years now on BI and the app works well for both of us.