Battery-powered IP camera recommendations?

ivordurham

n3wb
Reaction score
I need to create a portable network with one or more cameras for use in outdoor locations where there is no power source or Internet connection. (This is for cat some rescue operations where we need to remain near traps while staying out of sight.) I have a travel router and an iPhone or iPad (the hotspot doesn't help, unfortunately). Now I need an outdoor camera that can be viewed locally without Internet access. One camera I bought via Amazon seemed perfect, except that the phone app requires Internet access for viewing (the camera and app both connect to their cloud servers). The Reolink website says the Argus 2 can be viewed without Internet access, but I don't see strong recommendations for that product here. What other battery-powered IP cameras that can be viewed on an isolated local network should I consider? Less ideal, but a possibility, would be a camera powered via USB with a battery pack if that expands the options. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I have had Argus 2 with solar running with no interaction for 2years. The only flaw is no api or local interface (as far as I know). Where did you source local access information?