Bear sightings

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We've see what appears to be the same bear around our mountain home a couple of times...

BTW, the lady in the clip above isn't as careless as the clip seems to show. I cut out about a minute between the time the bear exits the screen, and she shows up.

He's not actually trying to get into the house. There was a suction cup mounted hummingbird feeder stuck to the window that he knocked down.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Take the bird feeders down before it learns your property is a food source, looses its fear of humans, and they have to euthanize it.

So called animal lovers around here get more bears killed than anything else..

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Who on earth is walking around after the fair passes by? That's not too smart in my opinion. I know it's not a killer bear, but it's a friggin bear.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
at least have shoes on and bring someone else you can outrun.. :p

Ive encountered my share of bears before, lone black bears are mostly harmless.. they are more likely to do far more damage to your property than you.. Moose are the North American animal to avoid approaching at all costs.

Tiger_Claw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Who on earth is walking around after the fair passes by? That's not too smart in my opinion. I know it's not a killer bear, but it's a friggin bear.
My thoughts exactly.

I'm sure she would have been far more cautious if it was a Grizzly, but then again.... Too much Vodka and OJ in the morning cloud better judgement.

Wish my Father had cams on his property. He has a few adult Mountian Lions that have recently started roaming his property almost every night now.

Trust me when I say it's not because he feeds birds or any other wildlife. He knows the drill, just loves the outdoors, etc.

Tiger

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...He has a few adult Mountian Lions that have recently started roaming his property almost every night now.
A bear? At least you got a chance to see it's coming. A mountain lion? It'll be on your throat 1 second after you realize it's coming. Give me a .308 long gun and the bear...mountain lions scare the begeezus outta me! yikes.gif

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
We've got mountain lions around here. One guy has them hanging around his property and has captured pics/video and gotten hair and stool samples. He's a grandfather and won't let his grandkids come visit. He goes and visits them.