Beginner here can't find camera on Blue Iris

eggcited

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I tried searching but didn't find much on the Eero routers. I have a IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED camera hooked to my Eero/Netgear FS108 with a 12V power supply to test on Blue Iris.
e Dahua Configtool is able to see the camera and initialize it. I can also see the camera is "online" in the Eero app.

I can't connect to the camera via 192.168.1.108 or find it in Blue Iris. Can anyone give me some ideas where to start looking?

Thanks

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the IP of the device that you're attempting to connect with to the cam? Likely need to change to be at a 192.168.1.x address on the same subnet. Then access the cam. Change the IP of the cam to a static address on your network. Change your device back as it was. Look for the cam on the new IP. Or you can just use the Dahua tool to change the IP to one on your network.

You won't find it in BI until you put it in. The server also needs to be on same subnet. The search function doesn't work all that great and won't work across subnets like the Dahua tool does. Enter the new IP directly once changed.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is your network IP address range the same? If not then you need to change the IP address of the camera to be on the same range.

At a minimum you should change the last set of numbers to something different than 108 or you will be screwed with your next camera. You also shouldn't connect the camera to the router, but we can deal with that later.

If the camera and your computer are on the same IP address range, then in BI you select add camera and then type in the IP address, username and password and then the find/inspect key and then you will have the camera in BI.

eggcited

n3wb
Reaction score
Eero is set to assign IP's automatically. In the Eero app, the camera has a IPv6 address but no IPv4 address available. I tried reserving one for it but doesn't seem to do anything. The Dahua tool can only detect the camera in IPv4 mode and I can't change the IP.
The power supply is 1A, is that enough?

I also don't know how to get a username/pw to the Eero...

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
That's probably because the cam has no default IPv6 address (as far as I know) so Eero can assign one. It does already have a static IPv4 address. Eero likely isn't picking up what it has not assigned or hasn't otherwise detected via activity from the cam since, again, likely not on your same IPv4 subnet. Eero can't change or reserve an IPv4 address because it already has the address set to static in the camera. It's not depending on anything else to set it and won't change due to a reservation.

I believe that BI does now support IPv6 addressing so you might be able to use that. I've never tried it. You'd make your life easier as far as cams and BI by using IPv4 addressing. You should be able to change the IPv4 static address using the tool.

Once again, see above. What's the IPv4 range that you're using for your network?

eggcited

n3wb
Reaction score
There's no range since it is set to automatic right?
I can use manual mode but I don't know what to put for Subnet IP and Subnet mask.

Also IPv6 is turned off and it only detects IPv6 address on the camera as connected, online and idle. No IPv4 address available.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
It does have some IPv4 subnet range. Do you have a computer? The BI server maybe?

If so, open a command box (type cmd in the search line) and at the prompt type:

ipconfig

Copy the first section with the IPv4 address here as below:

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : home
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.87
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

eggcited

n3wb
Reaction score
Got it, so then I entered that into the Dahua tool to change the camera IP to the same range I think - 192.168.4.XX
I get a password error fault.

I see now that in the config tool, the gateway and subnet does not match what my PC says but can't change the camera settings due to that password error but I don't see where to change or reset it.

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, you need to set an initial password for a new cam first. They change the tool now and then and how that works and I don't use it much so not sure how that's done in whatever version you have. Maybe look for initialize.

That's why I was trying to point you to just temporarily changing your device IP to that of the cam instead. If you know how to change the IP of the device you're using to access the cam, just change it to a random static address of 192.168.1.x (anything between .1-.253 other than .108), mask 255.255.255.0, gateway doesn't matter and can be left blank. Then in a browser on that same device, go to
You should see the web interface of the cam and you'll be prompted to set a password. Then go into network settings for the cam. Change the cam's IP to be an unused static IP in the 192.168.4.x range (assuming that's correct for your network). Save and the cam then will drop off since it's no longer on the same subnet. Change your device IP back to DHCP. Then go back to whatever IP you assigned on the .4 subnet and continue setup.

Same .4 address will be used for BI.

eggcited

n3wb
Reaction score
I was able to change the settings in Eero to match the camera. I was clicking save in the Eero app and it said it would reboot the network but nothing happened until now. Is there a reason to change my network back to .4 instead of .1 or let Eero go back to automatic mode?
Thanks for the help to get the camera working :headbang:

Do you know how to make the LED's on my camera turn on by motion detection instead of day/night?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know the Eero or what else you have on your network. As just a matter of general practice it's better to temporarily change the IP on the single device vs changing your whole network to match. But doesn't make much difference other than if you have something that's tied to the .4 network as it is. .1 or .0 are more typical home network numbering schemes vs .4 which I guess the Eero uses by default. If you have everything connected and running DHCP otherwise, then shouldn't matter whether you use .4 or .1.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Turns out, eero is an amazon company and their product line are wifi 6 AP's. @eggcited, for best security practices, I hope you have router in place between your eero's, fs-108 switch, blue iris and the Internet.