Best and most satisfying video you will see today

CCTV Guy

n3wb
Reaction score
Youtube suggested this video of a pharmacy robbery with a less satisfying outcome, though there's still plenty to critique with the burglar's mistakes and failures by whoever installed the alarm and cameras. Some asshat from Another Dumb Technician installed pet immune motion detectors in the pharmacy from the looks of it.
Even pet immune PIRs should detect something with this much mass. Unless, of course, if they were installed too high or upside down (which I've seen many, many times). This had to be a really poorly designed or implemented alarm system. I am amazed at how many times I go into a place like this for an evaluation and they have a 60 to 90 second entry delay, and their alarm panel is in plain view. Can anyone say "sledge hammer?" Of course, many older alarm systems are still on dial up lines. Can anyone say "wire cutters?"

I would have to think these guys had some type of inside knowledge, as it appears obvious they aren't exactly world class cat burglars by the fact they hadn't already put the grinder together beforehand.

Don't even get me started on the "safe." This is an insulated "gun safe" with thin sheet steel, likely 12 to 7 gauge, is one-tenth to one-fifth the minimum thickness of the lowest rated real safe. They should have been storing these controlled items in a minimum TL-15 rated safe (I think that may even be a DEA requirement). At the very least, it would have kept them there a heck of a lot longer and burned up a heck of a lot more cutting wheels.

Sorry, I know this isn't the right forum for alarms and physical security. I just get so worked up when I see something like this that could have easily been thwarted by a properly designed and implemented alarm system.

That said, I don't have much negative to say about the camera. They got a good quality, color shot of the perpetrators. You can even tell one of them appears to be African American when he gives us a shot of that plumber's crack. It would have been good to have audio. It's always nice when you hear them call each other by name.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Even pet immune PIRs should detect something with this much mass. Unless, of course, if they were installed too high or upside down (which I've seen many, many times). This had to be a really poorly designed or implemented alarm system. I am amazed at how many times I go into a place like this for an evaluation and they have a 60 to 90 second entry delay, and their alarm panel is in plain view. Can anyone say "sledge hammer?" Of course, many older alarm systems are still on dial up lines. Can anyone say "wire cutters?"

I would have to think these guys had some type of inside knowledge, as it appears obvious they aren't exactly world class cat burglars by the fact they hadn't already put the grinder together beforehand.

Don't even get me started on the "safe." This is an insulated "gun safe" with thin sheet steel, likely 12 to 7 gauge, is one-tenth to one-fifth the minimum thickness of the lowest rated real safe. They should have been storing these controlled items in a minimum TL-15 rated safe (I think that may even be a DEA requirement). At the very least, it would have kept them there a heck of a lot longer and burned up a heck of a lot more cutting wheels.

Sorry, I know this isn't the right forum for alarms and physical security. I just get so worked up when I see something like this that could have easily been thwarted by a properly designed and implemented alarm system.

That said, I don't have much negative to say about the camera. They got a good quality, color shot of the perpetrators. You can even tell one of them appears to be African American when he gives us a shot of that plumber's crack. It would have been good to have audio. It's always nice when you hear them call each other by name.
Yeah stuff like this gets on nerves too. There's a gun store in my area that's been robbed 5 times after hours and they've done very little to improve security and don't seem to give a fuck. At least the dispensaries care about security, but it's probably harder for them to get insurance.

Speaking of insurance the video above is bad enough I imagine the insurance company could attempt to go after the alarm installer (would depend on contract terms). This is the sort of place you'd want to see mirror optic detectors, tritech non-pet immune, or curtain detectors and while you're at it throw a vibration or light sensor on the safe. A fogger would be a fun addition too. Gotta love the DRYWALL inside the safe. The camera would probably have been better mounted a little lower.

The cell phone shop on the other hand did a much better job they even had the register or one of the cabinets wired and he tripped the alarm. The employee also did a good job getting people out of the store. Although they hung around a little too close on the outside.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah stuff like this gets on nerves too. There's a gun store in my area that's been robbed 5 times after hours and they've done very little to improve security.....
I totally agree.
A famous person once said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
I think that definition of 'insanity' would also very appropriately define 'stupidity'.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah stuff like this gets on nerves too. There's a gun store in my area that's been robbed 5 times after hours and they've done very little to improve security and don't seem to give a fuck. At least the dispensaries care about security, but it's probably harder for them to get insurance.
Wow, I have thought their insurance would have been dropped, or so high they couldn't afford it.

Plus the headache they have of needing to be able to account for each gun that was taken to the ATF.