Best app to turn my old cell phone into RTSP streaming cameras?

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions for the best rtsp streaming app for my old android phones.

Preferably I would need at least the following features.
-username and password protected
-ability to lock the phone while streaming
-video and audio streaming
-works with blue iris

Optional but nice to have,
-onvif capable
-ability to use the different cameras on the phone
-zooming in and out
-4k streaming
-ability to change FPS and keyframe rates

Thanks
DC

D0T-C0M

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow TinyCam Pro is great and works really well. Super stable and very easy to setup. It fulfills almost everything in my list including video and audio feeds. To get it to stream the video and audio to blueiris I use the TinyCam webserver APIs to call up the streams. The only thing though, is I can only get the MJPEG stream from the camera to work with blue iris but if I use a browser and log into the TinyCam's web server directly it will show both MJPEG and H.264 depending which I choose in the camera settings. On the TinyCam github page where it lists all the APIs the webserver will accept they only list the API to call up a MJPEG stream and not the H.264. I want to use H.264 because the BVR files are huge using MJPEG.

Is there a way to sniff out what API the web server uses to call up the h.264 stream from the app on my phone?

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You could try fiddler to see what URL it uses for streaming the H.264. It won't be RTSP though; web browsers can't consume it. Which means it might be either raw H.264 or .ts (mpeg2-ts) streaming over http.