Best body cam for around $150-$200?

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Been wanting one for a while, Any suggestions?

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What are you using it for? We use Muvi HD cameras at my place of work, works well for us. Not waterproof though

solidstate

n3wb
Reaction score
I have several Mobius dash cams. I like them a lot. I have not yet used one as a body cam. They sell long cables so you can mount the lens (camera?) separate from the rest of the unit. They can accept a 64GB MicroSD for a very long record time, but onboard battery is good for only about 60 min.

zmx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
sus out the ones the police use they are robust and reliable

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep, that's what i'm leaning too!

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've powered my dashcam (maybe someone could convert into a cheap body cam..?) with a portable battery like the ones used to charge cell phones. Same voltage/amps. It'll run for several hours depending on battery size. You just need a USB to mini USB cable.
mini-usb.jpg
cam.jpg

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Police grade bodycams are very expensive.

Depending on what you are going for you could use a dash cam app on your smartphone. I've been using one in my car for over two years.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have several Mobius dash cams. I like them a lot. I have not yet used one as a body cam. They sell long cables so you can mount the lens (camera?) separate from the rest of the unit. They can accept a 64GB MicroSD for a very long record time, but onboard battery is good for only about 60 min.
The newer versions battery lasts a little over 80 minutes I believe it is. There is a Mobius 2 coming out sometime, not sure the specs though. You could use a battery bank with extended USB cable to power it for longer. The mobius is a very good camera for many functions, great video quality and picks up audio well. I have one as a camera on a quadcopter and a car dashcam.

I'm curious about those who want body cams, are you trying to keep it somewhat hidden, or would you just clip it on to your shirt pocket or something of sorts? I completely agree walking around ready to record whatever. I've learned from experience to be ready and always record everything you can, you won't believe the situations I've been into by people I trust and other things. Your word is not good enough anymore, even in court, as if it ever has been I guess.