Best day time image camera?

MrRodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If all i wanted is the most detailed day time image what cam would be the best? Under $1000

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
At what distance and what are you trying to capture are two big unknowns.

The 8MP Dahua 4k/x is a great camera - but at 50 feet away, you would be better off with a 2MP varifocal with the focal length to capture the detail...

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If all i wanted is the most detailed day time image what cam would be the best? Under $1000
With just those parameters, I'd get a 5442 cam as a spotter for $200 and a 25x PTZ for $800 to zoom on the action.

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With just those parameters, I'd get a 5442 cam as a spotter for $200 and a 25x PTZ for $800 to zoom on the action.
Yep, great pair. One to catch detail (a 1/1.8" speed dome), and one to monitor overall area activity.

There is no such thing as a single camera that can do everything, but a speed dome with auto tracking is a good compromise for general, one subject, surveillance.

Last edited:

MrRodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
U got alot to learn my dude. Start reading those cliffnotes.
Yes i have a lot to learn who does not? but at least i am not to lazy to spell out the word You and have to abbreviate.

MrRodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
At what distance and what are you trying to capture are two big unknowns.

The 8MP Dahua 4k/x is a great camera - but at 50 feet away, you would be better off with a 2MP varifocal with the focal length to capture the detail...
20 acres of land be exact, i just want to monitor who enters and leaves. I already have great night time cameras. A few 5442 and a older dahua 25x PTZ that is dated. It's around 7 years old that is mounted on a pole in the center of my land. I need one of them auto tracking PTZ.

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Consider radar or thermal and a PTZ doing positioning for such a large space. Depending on elevation changes and foliage - which also affect doing it entirely visually.