Best IP camera for adventure game

Wiiiiiill

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all,

I want to run an adventure game for fun, and I need 3 IP cameras, 1 in each room, about 300 squares feet the room.

I don't need to record, just need to check is everything is all right in the rooms.

I am looking for an IP camera with a 720p/1080 support, wide angle, a good low light quality, and a good night vision.

I was interested by the dropcam, or nestcam, or the Samsung-SNH-P6410BN, but I don't want to go to their website to check the cams. If the server is in maintenance, I will not be able to see what happens inside the rooms.

What IP cameras and software do you recommend me for my use? If I forgot to mention other details, don't hesitate to tell me.

Thanks all

Wiiiiiill

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't need a mic on the webcam, but need to hear the sound of course. Hikvision is a good brand ? What software should I use to view the cams?

Wiiiiiill

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wiiiiiill I don't need a mic on the webcam, but need to hear the sound of course.

:confused:
I mean I don't need to speak through the IP cam, no need for a speaker on it, not a mic sorry ;)

What about the dropcam and the SAMSUNG SmartCam SNH-P6410BN? Good IP cameras too? Possible to run it without their own websites?

Wiiiiiill

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think you are right, these Hikvision are the best IP cameras for me :) Thanks a lot !

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
If you need 100% room coverage you may want to consider the fish eye model, with any other camera you will not be able to cover entire room. Hikvision Chinese language fish eye is only $100, but for English version it is $200+

Wiiiiiill

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think this version will be O.K? I don't need the whole room coverage. The 2,8mm lens is included with the IP camera ? What means " optional" ?

Thanks

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
By default they usually ship 4mm, you can request 2.8mm in the comments @ali

Last edited by a moderator:

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I believe he means Aliexpress.

When you place an order and don't specify what lens you want they usually send you a 4mm, but they usually have 2.8mm and 6mm depending on model.

Wiiiiiill

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oh ok, thanks. You recommend aliexpress to buy these IP cameras ? Better than Amazon?

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Depends on the price, but most people here get their stuff from Aliexpress because its cheaper. However, I do believe there are more trusted sellers on Aliexpress. However, I don't shop on amazon much. If you want it locally there is a person on here that sells local US versions for a bit more.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From what it says on their site it accepts USA firmware and etc so that's definitely a good thing.

I hear they are good with their customer support and I do believe many people on here have bought stuff from them. You can search the forums to see what others have got.

Which one on amazon are you looking at?

Razer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nellys is a great place to purchase from, they are a sponsor of the forum here and have great customer service and support if you need it. I think it is worth buying from a known vendor with good support even more so if you are new to the IP camera world as you are more likely to need assistance.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The price difference is not that big, so you would make a good choice for a local source with good support and warranty.

That price of those cubes on aliexpress seem to be about 119 so basically the extra you pay is for piece of mind.

Wiiiiiill

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep, I'll go with Nelly. Thanks for all your answers, helped me a lot !