Best Ip cameras

Popeye

n3wb
Reaction score
All I see here is a bunch of folks who are self righteous about their own knowledge and GOD for bid a newbie asks a question. Jerks!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
All I see here is a bunch of folks who are self righteous about their own knowledge and GOD for bid a newbie asks a question. Jerks!
Wow - I guess I wasted my time helping you and generally that's why I'm usually more curt with newbs.

Enjoy your Amcrest, I'm sure you'll suddenly change your mind when you come back cap in hand for some support.

Popeye

n3wb
Reaction score
Del boy your were courteous and thank you for your input. I was only referring to those who were rude to someone who is only trying to ask those who have more knowledge than myself. I guess this is not the right place to ask knowledgeable people questions. Pretty sad! Thank you again Del Boy and i apologize to you..

Reaction score
I didn't mean to offend you popeye. And I didn't mean to imply that you are stupid. But by the nature of your questions, it is apparent that you are ignorant. That's OK, but imo it's not OK to be righteous about one's ignorance. Your ignorance is the result of lack of effort of effort on your part. Many of us have suffered the pain of trial and error learning which has absorbed weeks and month's for some...and years for others. When you ask questions which indicate that you have made little or no effort to learn anything before coming here you're dumping your ignorance on our shoulders. You're asking questions which have been asked have been answered hundreds and hundreds of times already. If you have the wherewithal to perform searches and read for several days you would spare everyone a lot redundant effort.

There are many forums where the people who maintain the forum require that all newbies precede all posts with the statement that (1) "I have read the FAQ" and (2) "I have searched this forum to determine if the answer already exists". To come here and ask rudimentary IP camera questions dumps your ignorance onto our shoulders and requires that we repeat the answers which have been posted many many times before.

There's a lot of guys here we don't mind that, and will generously answer the same questions over and over again. But in my opinion you've got a lot of nerve scolding me for telling you to "do a little work on your own pal...then come to us".
As you go on a self-righteous rant about not being ignorant....complete clown.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As you go on a self-righteous rant about not being ignorant....complete clown.
Go away you troll. @Q2U has been invaluable at independently testing cameras on here.

You pop up and resurrect 2 old threads to have a go at members here? You are the complete clown.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Allegedly kind. We've seen no video. Preferably with fast moving subjects at night and a license plate in the background.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...There are many forums where the people who maintain the forum require that all newbies precede all posts with the statement that (1) "I have read the FAQ" and (2) "I have searched this forum to determine if the answer already exists"...
Last time I was pursuing the Google run SEO forum the forum members would refuse to address any posted question unless the OP specifically stated (1) "I have read the FAQ" and (2) "I have searched this forum to determine if the answer already exists." This is done to cut down (it will never eliminate) the repetitive topic/questions which are posted to all forums, regardless of the forum's subject matter.

In a previous topic I broached the concept of creating an IpCamTalk.com FAQ system using a dedicated "FAQ Forum" and standard topic/reply functionality. I also provided Mike with an example of such an FAQ system which I run on one of my websites which is simple, free and effective, and should be especially attractive to Mike because -- after initial setup -- existing members to the work of creating the FAQ content.

If Mike institutes such a system here then the initial responses to "What's the best IP camera" and "Help I bricked my Hikvision camera" would be...

Please read https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/faq/what-is-the-best-ip-camera

and...

Please https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/faq/how-to-un-brick-your-hikvision-camera

This serves three (3) purposes...

(1) It helps educate new members with consistent well-thought-out answers

(2) It cuts down on repetitive posts and it frees member's time so they don't have to keep providing the same answers over and over, ad infinatum.

(3) It creates a search engine "honeypot" which attracts more members and increases the authority of IpCamTalk.com

Win. Win. Win.

beer.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Go away you troll. @Q2U has been invaluable at independently testing cameras on here.

You pop up and resurrect 2 old threads to have a go at members here? You are the complete clown.
Oh look the insecure guy calls me a complete clown after whining about how calling someone a complete clown means they're a troll. Logic at its finest! By the way you might want to learn what troll means before embarrassing yourself again.

KhMeRA

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I want something that can be viewed over the internet because I live in an apartment. If I have a dvr system they can steal it and that would be useless don't you think. This will be my first camera so I am not real sure what to get . I'm seeing that you have to buy some sort of switch on top of buying the camera. How does that work?
Get the camera with has MicroSD slot. That's what I am doing right now, recording to SD and NVR incase NVR was stolen.